PDA

View Full Version : need help

Rags Alan Ragland
09-07-2008, 8:31 PM
Does anyone know where I can get standoff screws for an acrylic sign?
I need it to stand off the wall by 2-3" and canot find the screws to make it look good. I rarely do signs and do not have a clue as to where to find them.
Help!
Dr. Rags

Mike Null
09-08-2008, 7:02 AM
Johnson Plastics just introduced the Clear Path line at the Indy show. Beautiful and pricey.

Tom Bull
09-08-2008, 7:05 PM
C R Laurance company sells stand-off hardware. Also pricey, but great assortment and a lot of finishes. Has usually been very good quality, but seen it slip a little bit lately. Need to look for a made in China label I guess. Just google c r laurence. Then on site search use term: standoff.

Scott Shepherd
09-08-2008, 8:32 PM
Inexpensive, good looking ones at outwater.com. Not the easiest to find in their electronic catalog, but once you find them, you'll find an excellent variety and prices that can start in the $6-8 range, depending on diameter and length. For $15, you can get a larger, longer, nice looking one. I've used them numerous times and they ship very quickly and the products work well.

I've looked at about 10-15 other places, some which specialize in them and I haven't found anything as nice for that price. Worth a look.

Joe Pelonio
09-09-2008, 8:01 AM
I get them at: http://www.signstandoffs.com/index.html

I think the biggest I have gotten there was 2.5"

Rags Alan Ragland
09-10-2008, 1:58 AM
Thanks everyone for all your help on this one. Joe, that is exactly what I need for my first sign. a big THANK YOU for your help.
Dr. Rags