PDA

View Full Version : Texas Pecan

Gary Max
09-07-2008, 6:51 PM
We are trying to get ready for several shows coming up. For the next two weeks I will be turning a few things.
I have a oil bath set up for some of the larger stuff----I turned this today and just went out an checked to see how it was doing. It wil drip overnight---get buffed---and back in the bath.
Wood is from Texas----Pecan
Hope you like
Oh sorry it's upside down but I had to clean my hands to take the pic.

Steve Schlumpf
09-07-2008, 6:59 PM
Looks pretty good from this angle Gary! Looking forward to seeing it once it is all finished!

Matt Hutchinson
09-07-2008, 7:14 PM
That is a great piece of wood! I need to get me some of that! :) Looks good so far, and I can't wait to see it right side up!

Hutch

Gary Max
09-07-2008, 7:50 PM
Matt---I did some trading with a guy from Texas---he was headed to Ohio and stopped by----Heck I am hoping he comes back next year:)

curtis rosche
09-07-2008, 8:38 PM
is that spaulted, or sap wood, or just the color of the peice? the form looks great

Richard Madison
09-07-2008, 8:41 PM
Read somewhere that if it looks good upside down, it will look good right side up. I think that you have succeeded in both orientations.

Did not know that our (Texas) pecan got that big. Have one in the yard that will be big enough to turn in about a century.

Gary Max
09-07-2008, 8:43 PM
I thought everything that came from Texas was big???????????

Richard Madison
09-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Well yeah, usually. But remember that sometimes good things come in small packages too.