PDA

View Full Version : Step 3 - New Shop

Ken Fitzgerald
05-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Folks,

This morning at approximately 0830 PDT I signed a contract for the finished shell on my new shop! :D I had met the contractor earlier and since have checked some references both personal and professional (all great!). I wrote a check for 1/3 of the total cost and next week things begin to happen. Monday or Tuesday, a large backhoe will be brought in to remove the Dragons hairball (as Robert saw it) or the rootball or obstacle as I saw it. The backhoe will remove the necessary soil for the footings. The plan is to get the footings, wall and floor poured next week. Framing to commence the following week. I am on my way. Our evenings are starting to warm up here to the point, that shortly they'll be warm enough to complete a couple of projects started last fall and not finished due to inclimate weather and too low temperatures! In the next week I'll buy the electrical service entry necessities and the contractor will install the weather head and meter box while he's roofing and siding the shop. I can see things are going to start moving faster here and get hectic for a while but.........no more woodworking in a parka on the carport!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Robert Ducharme
05-07-2004, 11:35 PM
Why do you use a parka while woodworking in the summer time :confused: :D

Ken Fitzgerald
05-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Aw right, Robert.........You got me! :D I forgot to mention that I wore the parka while woodworking in the late fall, winter and early spring when temperatures are sometimes just above freezing. :p :p Do you know hard it is to type while ROTFLYAO?

Frank Pellow
05-08-2004, 6:42 AM
Hi there fellow shop builder, keep those reports coming.

It looks like, although I started early, other are rapidly going to be passing me.