PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta area turners, cherry delight

Maria Alvarado
09-06-2008, 6:27 PM
There is free cherry wood in Stone Mountain. A huge old tree that was downed about 6 months ago. 20-30 inches in diameter. I just went, but my little chainsaw couldn't hack it...literally, but any of you with gas powered demons and some muscle, this stuff is too good to waste. The posting ID on Atlanta craigslist is 830065889

Anybody with their own mill, this would be great for f%$#work too (yes, I said it, don't ban me :eek:)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2008, 7:40 PM
There is free cherry wood in Stone Mountain. A huge old tree that was downed about 6 months ago. 20-30 inches in diameter. I just went, but my little chainsaw couldn't hack it...literally, but any of you with gas powered demons and some muscle, this stuff is too good to waste. The posting ID on Atlanta craigslist is 830065889

Anybody with their own mill, this would be great for f%$#work too (yes, I said it, don't ban me :eek:)

Charlene,

You obviously posted that statement in the wrong forum!:rolleyes::D

curtis rosche
09-06-2008, 8:26 PM
rent a chain saw, then cut it, or sharpen an axe.......

Maria Alvarado
09-06-2008, 9:20 PM
Ken, I know I took a risk with that statement. I'd rather see it all round, but even flat is better than firewood :)

Curtis, no fear, I came away with plenty. Just not the biggest stuff.

Hope someone else takes advantage.

Nathan Hawkes
09-06-2008, 9:52 PM
wish it were around here. I use a Husqvarna 394XP and have a 36" max. cut with an alaskan chainsaw mill. I also have a "ripsaw" that is like a chainsaw mill, but with a 14.5" max. cut. I have a good stack of f!@t lumber that is air drying.