PDA

View Full Version : ULS Error Message Help

David Takes
09-06-2008, 3:21 PM
I'm trying to get my newly acquired ULS PLS 4.60 Laser Engraver set up to do some quick backlogged work. I've got it assembled, exhausted, connected, and have the ULS driver and software loaded. Everything seems to be in place, but I am getting the below error message when I click on "Properties" in the print driver. Any advice for this ULS newbie?

I am in the process of getting my training scheduled, but as you know, business doesn't wait.

http://engravingetc.org/David_T/upload/24902error.gif

Margaret Turco
09-06-2008, 3:57 PM
I know nothing about this but a google search on your problem resulted in these two links which might be helpful: http://www.ibphoenix.com/downloads/rlsnotes20_0200_101.zip

http://forum.x-tensive.com/viewtopic.php?t=2320

What is the "Issue" tab in the print screen saying?

Dan Hintz
09-06-2008, 4:15 PM
FireBird is a relational database... why it would have any connection to your print driver is beyond me. :confused:

Scott Shepherd
09-06-2008, 4:41 PM
Driver issue. What version driver do you have? Open the User Control Panel and look at the very top, in the top bar of the window.

Let me know what it is. There have been some beta drivers out there that have been giving that error. I have the latest stable driver I can email you later in this evening. Post your driver version and PM me your email address and I'll email you the latest stable driver that I have.

Brian J Rogalny
09-06-2008, 4:44 PM
Had exact same problem with PLS360, turned out to be a driver issue, I will get this message from time to time but I am able to work through it. The techs never really described exactly what it is.

David Takes
09-06-2008, 5:58 PM
It says it is Control Panel 2.19.34

After working on other projects around my new shop, I decided to reconnect and fire up the laser one more time. This time I didn't get that message. I was actually able to send a job over that fired the laser. Maybe this is an intermittent issue.

Scott Shepherd
09-06-2008, 7:35 PM
2.19.34 is a beta version of the driver. I had that exact same issue when I used that and they actually recalled that beta version if I recall correctly, for that exact issue.

David, I'll email the driver. Latest stable driver that I am aware of is 2.18.31. I just went back and checked my email and I had an email telling me that if I hadn't installed 2.19.34, then don't, and if I had installed it, revert back to a previous one because they had, in fact, recalled that beta version because of the issues.

David Takes
09-06-2008, 11:38 PM
Scott,

I'll uninstall my driver and load the one you emailed me to make sure things are more stable at thgis early stage of using the machine.

I am certainly glad that Universal is always looking to advance their drivers, I just prefer not to be a beta tester in my day to day operation.

Scott Shepherd
09-07-2008, 9:32 AM
I don't know the details of how it all works and who selects what driver to install and what's technically a beta and what's not, but I have been messing with a number of drivers with my rep and he's always told me in advance that the driver he was sending me was a beta driver and I should report any issues. He's also emailed me and told me to stop using certain drivers and revert back to the old one due to problems with the beta version.

We've always reverted back to that driver I emailed you and it's always resolved the issues. I've never had a single issue with the driver I emailed you. I willingly asked to be included on the latest drivers, so I've always known I was "testing" the new drivers.

I do know that all of your issues are supposed to be going away very shortly. There's a major driver rewrite for their entire platform that's about to simplify all the driver issues and correct a lot of the issues like what you and Brian mention. It was supposed to be released already, but it's slow coming. Once it's here, I suspect most of these issues to be gone from what I'm being told.

Just pop back to 2.18.30 and you should be all good.

Paul Brinkmeyer
09-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Just open the ULS control panel and close it before you print. Best to di it before you open corel draw. Or what ever you use to print.
Little blue box in the lower right hand side.

that should clear up that error.

I fyou see others, let me know, I have seen most and figured ways around them.

If you use a rotary, be careful of updates. New bug shows up in later releases

David Takes
09-07-2008, 10:27 AM
Paul,

That is an interesting workaround for this bug. It may explain why the issue might be intermittent. I may have used that sequence one time, then not the next. Hmmm?

I think I'll just hang out with the known stable driver at this point, but I appreciate the tip very much.

Mike Mackenzie
09-08-2008, 12:17 PM
David,

We will begin beta testing the newest version of the driver today!!. For your piece of mind it is a good idea to install 2.18.30. We have been using this version for several months and it is working very well.

The new driver will have the one step photo processing built in to it as well as other new features. This software has been completed for a while now however ULS will not release it until we get it field tested and approved. The biggest problems with software drivers are the huge amounts of variables that are in the field (computers,processors,operating systems,etc.) This is why we will be throughly testing this software with as many of these variables as we can before this will be released to the customers.