PDA

View Full Version : Huge Tool Gloat

Ken Glass
09-05-2008, 6:59 PM
Hey Gang,
I've been waiting for, it seems a lifetime, but it finally arrived today. My New Monster Hollowing Rig. Randy makes some great stuff. It went together in a flash and I can't wait to get to using it. I have three HF's wrapped in brown paper, that I may rush the time on, to get to use my new toy. The quality is every bit as good as several of you told me it was going to be. Randy is a real craftsman when it comes to engineering a tool. I also posted a new Avatar that we can all laugh at. I will let you know how it feels and performs as soon as I can. Thanks for the great advice, Steve.

charlie knighton
09-05-2008, 7:12 PM
congratulations, your setup looks great, hf can have a higher moisture content than bowls, when you sand the hf you are drying, that and the shape prevents major warpage (except apple, always exceptions)

Christopher K. Hartley
09-05-2008, 7:33 PM
Congrats Ken, She's a beauty.:)

Steve Schlumpf
09-05-2008, 8:10 PM
Congrats on your new hollowing system Ken! Looks like you are all set now - looking forward to seeing some of those hollow forms real soon! You'll find Randy's articulated arm system is just amazing to use! Have fun!

robert hainstock
09-05-2008, 9:13 PM
I have watched Steve use his monster tool, and the thing is phenomenal.
REMEMBER, pictures.:):)
Bob

Bernie Weishapl
09-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Congrats Ken. Like Steve said you are going to find it is a real pleasure to use.