PDA

View Full Version : outside laser sign

Todd Jones
09-05-2008, 3:51 PM
Hello all. I had a drunk driver come through and destroy my sign this weekend now I need to get estimates for the insurance. The problem is they will not take my estimate they tell me I have to get one from some place else. I'm sure there is no one in this area that would even attempt a sign of this size so I don't know where to start. The sign is approximately 6' X 5' two sided and uses 10 sheets of 12" X 24 " romark on each side. The top letters as well as the dragon and bottom of the sign are all vector cut. we used a section of vinyl fence for the backer board. this is cemented in the ground so it would need to be removed and reinstalled. the graphic layout alone took hours to setup. If there is anyone close to the Battle Creek Michigan or within 300 mile of here that would like to write me a quick estimate I would be very gratefully. I have include a picture of the sign for your info.

Thanks Todd

Gary Hair
09-10-2008, 1:37 PM
Why do they need to be close to you? Anyone could give an estimate and the insurance company writes you a check to pay them, right? Let me know how much you need to do the job and I'd be happy to provide an estimate. Of course you won't actually have me do it, the mileage from Oregon would be a bit high...

Kelly Bingham
09-10-2008, 7:26 PM
Just wanted to tell you, Nice Sign!! Creative and easily read.

Anthony Welch
09-11-2008, 8:54 PM
I also want to say that is a nice sign.

If you need a high bidder, I think I can come up with that kind of estimate. I lost out on a couple of bathroom signs a couple of weeks ago. Too high, they said:mad:. Never done a sign job and just gave it a shot in the dark... so to speak:D.

Anthony

Todd Jones
09-13-2008, 9:23 PM
thanks for the input on the sign. we have a bid for the engraving at about $1800 I still need a bid to remove the old sign (whats left of it) install the new sign and the engraving so I'm thinking about $2500 for the whole job.

we really liked the sign but it was a little wordy and hard to read from the road so we will change most of it except the logo. we are thinking of a way to make it changeable using engraving so we can change the sign with the season. we do a lot of awards in may and August but mostly gifts and scrap booking cutouts the rest of the year. so we need a sign that reflects what we do.

Dan Hintz
09-14-2008, 9:36 AM
Todd,

Consider a main part of the sign that is semi-permanent, with a smaller portion that can be swapped out with the season or special projects.