PDA

View Full Version : Delta 36-630 Tablesaw Question

Carl Maeda-San Diego
09-05-2008, 2:05 PM
Hello, I thought someone here might know this but a few weeks ago, I got a Delta 36-630 tablesaw for free. It was in really bad shape, the motor didn't even start. Well, I'm almost done restoring it and I got the motor working again. But I'm having a problem trying to align the pulleys. The bracket that attaches the motor base plate to the trunnions has a twist in it. This causes the pulley on the motor to be at an angle to the pulley on the arbor where the saw blade attaches. Does anyone know if this is correct? The bracket doesn't look like it was twisted but it wouldn't surprise me if it was. Can anyone confirm this?
The twist causes the tablesaw to vibrate a lot but the motor runs really surprisingly smooth if I don't have the belt on it. I didn't even have to replace any bearings.
The cast iron top also has a crown in it so I'll be busy for a while with my hand scraper.
Thanks for your help!

Jerry McFalls
09-05-2008, 2:14 PM
I don't know if the bracket should have a twist in it but if so something else is misaligned. There's no way the pulleys should be misaligned. You want the pulleys perfectly in line with each other or you'll be wearing out belts and shortening the life of the motor. Good luck.

Carl Maeda-San Diego
09-05-2008, 3:06 PM
Thanks Jerry. I think the bracket is twisted then. Everything else is straight.