PDA

View Full Version : Odor Reduction questions and ID

Don Gares
09-04-2008, 4:19 PM
As I mentioned in a previous post, besides the Pinnacle M-Serious engraver, I also received an odor reduction unit. I had planned on plugging the unit into a surge protector so that I could use the surge protector as a switch and simply leave the odor unit turned on. Well, the unit does not have a simple on/off switch. It does have an OFF switch, an ON switch, and a rheostat to control the blower speed, and other controls.

The blower is marked as 3 phase 200-230/380-400 volts but there is a single phase converter on it so that it operates off of 110 volts. Except for the switch/controls, it looks just like the unit at http://tinyurl.com/6hf2h5 on the signwarehouse site.

Attached are three (3) images of the unit. One showing the complete unit, another showing the switch/control with the lid closed, and yet another with the switch/control lid opened. If anyone can offer any information (a manual download would be perfect), or even identification, of this unit it would be greatly appreciated. Even some reasonable guesses about the controls might help.:)

Don

Dave Fifield
09-04-2008, 5:00 PM
It looks like a fancy pulse-width modulated speed controller to me Don. If it were mine, I'd probably remove it and run 110V ac straight to the blower unit.

Dave F.