PDA

View Full Version : Navy Stopper

Paul Douglass
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't normally post a picture of a bottle stopper (because I'm not real good at making them) but this one turned out better than I expected. My son is career Navy. I made this as part of his Christmas. I purchased the blank from Arizona Silhouette.

Greg Cuetara
09-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Paul,
Job well done. I am sure that he will appreciate the stopper. God bless our troops and your son for his service.
Greg

Bernie Weishapl
09-03-2008, 11:29 PM
Paul that is really well done. He is going to love it.

Steve Schlumpf
09-03-2008, 11:58 PM
Very nice looking stopper Paul! I am sure your son will love it!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Bravo Zulu Paul! He will love it. I made one for my son who's in the Navy and have a couple of Marine Corps ones to do for some dear friends. They are a fun thing to do!

Very well done!

Question?

How'd you drill your blank?

Thanks!

robert hainstock
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
As an old navy retiree, I can tell you that I would have loved that from my father. :):)
Bob

Paul Douglass
09-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Bravo Zulu Paul! He will love it. I made one for my son who's in the Navy and have a couple of Marine Corps ones to do for some dear friends. They are a fun thing to do!

Very well done!

Question?

How'd you drill your blank?

Thanks!

I drilled it on a drill press. I would rather do it on the lathe (more acurate) but I don't have the right jaws for my chuck to hold it.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Fun to make but what a mess, even with the dust collecter on.

Paul Girouard
09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Goes to show how much the USN changed, when I was in we never needed a bottle stopper :D we drank it all. :o What ever it was! Bottle stoppers where for the Air Force:D

Nice job, is it painted or a composite material?

Paul Gallian
09-04-2008, 12:35 PM
At least the Air Force could spell "were"!!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-04-2008, 1:25 PM
Hey Glenn......get a bucket of water.....we got a little inter-service rivalry going here!:rolleyes:

Paul Girouard
09-04-2008, 1:30 PM
At least the Air Force could spell "were"!!

Hehehe, ya speelin ain't my thing! Well really 'where' is spelled right , just may be just not the right word eh:D

How about a USN attitude adjustment tool,

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/PEG688/Aug22008.jpg

Could be used a a Air Force airmen as well as one of my USN airdale E-3/ airmen. Bonk!

Saw handle Madrone , mallet Jatoba.