PDA

View Full Version : Cold Remedy, Meet Keyboard

Leigh Costello
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Ah, my first true cold since last season. sniff, snork, ungh And so my breathing goes. I like to take my cold medicine and go directly to bed.

But since I am such a stellar intellect after the 1st dose, it only made sense to sit down in front of my stack of "to do" artwork for engraving and begin transferring files etc. I mixed up a nice batch of hot tea and honey and a little Jim something since hours had passed between cold medicine and hot toddy.

Apparantly no one told my stellar intellect that I might become a bit drowsy. Or that I would wake from a deep sleep induced, no doubt, by the Jim something and residual sinus meds. After snorting and jumping and moving everything slightly to the left of "dang it" I watched my not-so-hot toddy spill in slow motion.

Being lightning fast, I jerked the keyboard away just in time to catch most of my beverage in my lap and keyboard.

So the artwork is finally finished and this old keyboard is a lifesaver. The liquored up keyboard is leaning upside down in the corner. Kind of like how I feel.

Jim Becker
09-04-2008, 8:14 AM
LOL....we "Jims" usually try not to have that kind of sleep inducing effect of folks, but I guess sometimes we fail... :D

Glenn Clabo
09-04-2008, 8:36 AM
Tried to save the keyboard and not the booze...you really ARE sick.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-04-2008, 9:46 AM
Caveat: There ain't no cure.

1.) Take no sugars - I mean none, and "none" includes those old timey remedies that purport to use honey as well as EVERY SINGLE cold & caugh drop on the market (every one). Even the ones that claim they have no sugars are loaded with dextrin and other sugars - read the package. Sugars are all the spawn of satan. So, no sugars at all.
Reason: The yeasts and opportunistic infections that are busy trying to set up shop in your throat will feed on them and become stronger.

2.) Take only HOT liquids and foods. Cold is the spawn os satan.
Reason: Cold shrinks the cappiliaries and tissues. The blood cells actually line up in single file in the cappiliaries and shrinking them is a very bad idea when you most need them to be as open as possible allowing the blood to carry nitrients in and toxins away. Heat opens the tissues and encourages blood flow.

3.) Use chloraseptic like it was free: The Phenols in it Kill everything.

4.) Aspirin helps blood flow: use it.

5.) get more sleep

6.) If you are like me and yourthroat gets so dry it cracks and bleeds use any veggy oil as a gargle to sooth it. Mineral oil is even better.

7.) A little Neosporin or Triple on a cotton tipped applicator will protect the innards of your sinuses. You'd be surprised how well it works.

8.) there is no #8 but, if you are like me and will be consuming alcohol (Alcohol is a sugar ERGO: spawn of satan) your triglycerides will be pushed up by the booze and that is like glue in your blood stream slowing and clogging things up. So take more heat, take an asprin, and use more chloraseptic.

Any store or off brand will work exactly like Chloraseptic they are all phenols.

Matt Meiser
09-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Tried to save the keyboard and not the booze...you really ARE sick.

Keyboards are so cheap, the booze is probably more valuable!

Leigh Costello
09-05-2008, 12:46 AM
Thanks Cliff, I know about the sugar but sometimes good advice and proven facts just have to take a backseat to a hot toddy. I have been neglecting the chloroseptic generic style because my college bound daughter had already claimed and taken it with her.

Went to a wallie tonight and got some more. After some redneck nachos of course, with mild cheese, loads of colorful veggies and smoked pulled pork. I wanted to taste my supper. Hubby says next time he will go get the cold medicine. Humph!