PDA

View Full Version : Clardy--You ever pick those elderberries? Or am I destined to steal them??

mark page
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Steve,
After dealing with a very strenuous mental day of learning five new languages with five new accounts, I welcomed the evening of plucking the cherry & large tomatos. Then I remembered you have the elderberry bush. Wonder if I could plead "mental sanity" while getting arrested during harvesting your elderberries????:D:D:D

Jim Becker
09-04-2008, 8:15 AM
Oooohhhh.....I LOVE elderberry jelly... :D :D :D

I miss it, but the bushes just don't grow around here like they did when I was a kid a couple hours farther north. They were always along the roads and my mother would harvest them to make the jelly.

Jason Roehl
09-04-2008, 8:24 AM
Your mother was an hamster and your father smelt...(sorry, just couldn't resist) :D

mark page
09-04-2008, 9:28 PM
I know Jim. I haven't seen a wild elderberry plant in probably twenty years or more. But I do think I know where at least one is at:D:D:D!

Steve Clardy
09-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I got elderberries :confused::confused::D:D

Yea I do. Tried talking the wife into her taking her wand :eek: and making some jelly, but to no avail :(

Most of the berries have fell off or are now 15 mile away, delivery distribution by birds splattering up someone's windshield :eek::rolleyes::D

Holler next year bud. We have more bushes that should produce next year on the back 40 ;)

mark page
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
The SIN of it all:eek::eek::eek:.
Jim, you up for a joint venture weekend trek next year for goin' elderberry pluckin':D:D:D

julie Graf
09-05-2008, 8:10 AM
i was told by a visitor the other day that i have an elderberry bush in my backyard. i tasted one, but it didn't really seem to be all that flavorful.
anyone have a jelly recipe? there are enough berries on the bush to make something, i think.

Jim Becker
09-05-2008, 8:41 AM
Jim, you up for a joint venture weekend trek next year for goin' elderberry pluckin'

Ya never know, Mark...ya never know...;)