PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1624 from CSUSA

Don Carter
09-03-2008, 1:47 PM
I am about to order a Nova 1624 from CSUSA and I have had no experience with them. What can you guys tell me about purchasing what for me is a big purchase, from them?
Thanks for your replies.

John Abt
09-03-2008, 2:01 PM
Don,

CSUSA is one of the PREMIER suppliers in the country. I have never heard of anyone that has had a problem with them or their service. Although I bought my Powermatic from the Tool Nut, CS has supplied me with plenty of other merchandise. They are great to work with.

John

Ken Fitzgerald
09-03-2008, 2:25 PM
My experiences with CSUSA...

I place an order online in the middle of the night. The next morning I get a call. They are short one of the turning blanks I want. They don't know when they will have it in stock. Would I like to cancel that particular item or would I like to order something different to go with the rest of the order.

My opinion......CSUSA and Arizona Silhouette........best customer service I've experienced.

Bernie Weishapl
09-03-2008, 6:57 PM
CSUSA has great customer service. I placed a order on line at 10:30 pm one night and they called me the next day right at their opening time to tell me one piece would have to be backordered or they could give me a sub for the same price. The sub was higher priced which is why I didn't order it. I also get a post card after every order to tell me thank you for my order and it was a pleasure doing business with me.

Jim Kountz
09-03-2008, 7:20 PM
Only bought one thing from them but it went smooth and delivery was rather fast if I recall. Ordered on a Wednesday night fully thinking it would be the next week and it showed up here Friday morning. I liked dealing with them.

Paul Douglass
09-03-2008, 7:46 PM
Right now I would check out Woodcraft. I think they are having a special on delivery charges. I bought mine from them because I got delivery to my door for $75. Was going to cost $150 from CSUSA. Your are going to pay the same for the lathe regardless of where you order it from.

You will love the lathe!

Don Carter
09-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Thanks guys. I ordered the Nova 1624 and a Super Nova 2 late this afternoon. Woodcraft was $200 more in price but CSUSA cost $200 more in shipping. It was wash. I ordered from CSUSA and it ships tomorrow and will be all the way to Mississippi by early next week.:)
I got to hurry now and make some room in the shop. ;)

Thanks again.

Don

Bernie Weishapl
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Congrats Don. You got a good lathe. Now it is time to have some fun.

Don Carter
09-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks Bernie. I have been using the Delta Midi just too long. I guess I will have to make some pics and post them when she gets delivered.
"No pics, didn't happen"
I appreciate all the help this site has really given me in trying new stuff. I can't wait.
I want you to know how much I appreciate your comments on this site.
Thanks again.

Don

Steve Schlumpf
09-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Congrats on your new lathe Don! Always exciting when that happens! Looking forward to the photos!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-04-2008, 12:13 AM
Congrats on the new lathe Don! May it serve you well! And I agree with your comments about Bernie.....always a class act!

Don Carter
09-04-2008, 12:46 AM
Steve and Ken;
I sure did not mean to leave you guys out. I have been turning pens and other little things, but this site got me into a whole 'nother world of spinning. There are not very many people to talk to about turning in small town Mississippi and you guys are the best. BTW, I just bumped into a guy walking in my neighborhood that has three lathes and may just become my new best friend...that is, other than you guys and this site.
Thanks, and all the best.

Don