PDA

View Full Version : Help with jigsaw problem

Jason Morgan
09-02-2008, 1:16 PM
I have a Bosch 1590EVS jigsaw (relatively new) that cuts like a dream when cutting plywood, however when I cut hardwood, with the grain, it wants to jump and buck all the time. I've tried every blade I can think of (PW blade, wood cutting blade both fine and coarse). new blades tend to be a little worse than older blades. slower speed tends to be worse than faster speed. If I go faster than a snails pace (literally), it jumps all over. Crosscutting hardwood is fine, just with the grain it is horrible.

What and I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Vincent
09-02-2008, 3:36 PM
Hmm. Is the stock you're cutting well supported so that it's not moving or flexing? Do you push the red button that engages the blade stabilizer mechanism?

Lee Schierer
09-02-2008, 4:32 PM
Try using the Progressor T234X blades with your saw. They rip and cross cut hard woods nearly as fast and smooth as a TS. They look fierce but do a great job cutting. Use a small amount of orbital action when ripping for an easier cut. Note, these blades do not like turning corners. http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61XKWMM551L._SL500_AA280_.gif

Dave Warner
09-02-2008, 5:23 PM
Wow, I just posted almost the same issue last week:

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=91033

You might be interested in some of the discussion there. For me the suggestions of using the progressor blades definitely helped. In addition run the saw at a slower speed and just cut slower.

Jason Morgan
09-02-2008, 7:57 PM
I will try the progressor blades. I was using Bosch blades with the blade stabilizer engaged and it was still very tough to rip cut.

I'll report back after I try the new blades.

Thanks for all the help

Charles Lent
09-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Does that saw have orbital action capability? This is a great feature that is available on many of the newer jigsaws. It moves the blade ahead on the upstroke and back for the return stroke which greatly reduces jumping and bucking. It also clears the sawdust better. There is an adjustment lever on the side of most saws with 4 positions allowing 3 levels of orbit action plus a no orbit setting. Maybe, all you need to do is change the orbit setting.

Charley