PDA

View Full Version : Need Table Saw Help

Richard Madison
09-01-2008, 9:11 PM
My 15 year old Delta 10” tilting arbor table saw (mod. 36-755) has developed a vibration. I have found that it has at least one defective arbor bearing which must be replaced before it fails completely. So my questions are: Is either of the arbor bearings a press fit into the arbor bracket? It would appear not. But if so, is there an easy way to remove the arbor bracket? Thanks in advance for your help.
Richard in Wimberley

Bruce Wrenn
09-01-2008, 9:56 PM
I can't remember whether you saw is a Uni, or the earlier version of the hybrid saw. Either way, it uses 6203 - sealed bearings. These can be had from Reid Industries for a little over $2.00 each. On one of the WW web sites is an article on replacing the bearings on a Uni arbor. Do a google search for bearing replacement on a uni saw. Best of luck.

Richard Madison
09-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks Bruce. It's not the Uni, but the next lower priced model. At the time I could not see a greater value equal to the greater price for the Uni.

Richard Madison
09-03-2008, 5:35 PM
Well I searched around and did not find anything useful on bearing replacement. Probably did not phrase my question correctly, so will try again.

How do you hold the arbor (shaft) stationary in order to loosen the 5/8" nut that holds the pulley on the shaft?

Richard Madison
09-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Problems solved. Never mind.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Richard,

I'm not familiar with your saw. What was the fix?

Richard Madison
09-07-2008, 6:43 PM
Ken,
To remove the arbor bracket one must loosen the set screw that secures the arbor pivot shaft. The set screw can be accessed by cranking the blade tilt over to 45 degrees. Remove the pivot shaft and the arbor bracket is free. Do not lose the spring washer. To loosen the pulley nut one needs a very thin open end wrench to fit the flats on the arbor flange and hold the arbor while loosening the nut. Do not lose the spacer. Next one needs a spanner wrench to remove the spanner nut.

The bearings are a moderately hard press fit on the arbor, and a lighter press into the arbor bracket. These can be disassembled with pullers, presses, hammer and tongs, etc. Do not lose the spacer and load spring that go between the bearings.

That was about it. Found some tool reviews indicating that this supposedly was a pretty good saw. Maybe this will help someone else avoid some of the uncertainty that I had.