PDA

View Full Version : Anyone boarding up for the storm?

Steven DeMars
08-31-2008, 9:21 PM
I finally found a use for my JET packaging material . . .

I knew it would come in handy some day . . .

Sad part is the Planer / Jointer still sits on a pallet two months later . . .:(

Built a stand & now I need to gather man power to put it on the stand . . .

Take care,
Steve

Don Orr
08-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Be safe ! Hope it's not as bad as last time.

Mark Rios
08-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I spent the day nailing up plywood on all the doors and windows of my 3 unit property here in support of all you Gulf Coast folks. I hope the storm passes soon because my tenants are wanting out. :D

Best wishes to all Gulf Coast folks.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Stay safe Steve!

Paul Greathouse
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey Steven, hows it going in Prarieville this morning?

I boarded up Saturday, well ahead of time. I'm on the "core team" at work which means that I'm one of the unlucky ones that gets to stay behind.

My wife, sons, daughter-in-law and granddaughter are in Monroe, La. and my Mom and Dad are in Navasota, Tx. at my sister and brother-in-law's house.

Looks like we will only be getting the outer bands of tropical storm winds here in Lake Charles.

Belinda Barfield
09-01-2008, 1:03 PM
I hope all of you Gulf Coast folks are okay. We're not boarding up here . . . yet. It looks like TS Hanna is headed our way though so everyone is starting to think along those lines.

Stay safe and keep us posted.

Robert Parrish
09-01-2008, 2:08 PM
I installed my storm panels in anticipation of Fay and decided to leave them up for Gustav, Hannah and Ike. I'm just waiting for a letter from my homeowners association telling me to take them dow! They did that after Katrina. The panels keep the house a few degrees cooler and provide security.

Neal Clayton
09-01-2008, 2:36 PM
i got back from the westbank yesterday. my dad lives in st charles parish and had people come in from the holiday, that of course got cut short.

talked to him a couple hours ago and he said they're getting 90-100mph winds but are otherwise ok. took me 6 hours to get to ville platte and i took hwy 71 from there, traffic was backed up from at least alexandria to shreveport all day on I49. i heard I55 through mississippi was worse.

on the upside it was ghost towns from the westbank to lafayette, everyone was gone from lafourche, terrebone, assumption, etc parishes. i only saw police and tv news trucks on the road until i got well past morgan city. so alot more people took this one seriously and evacuated.

if you guys want to get better than CNN info, there's a live feed of WWL radio from new orleans on wwl.com.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-01-2008, 8:42 PM
Back home

I went to my Uncle's and it started getting real ugly about 1:00. Wind was unreal, we had 80mph.

He lost power about 3:00.

After the eye passed, I looked at the radar on my BB and saw that there was no back to it, it was falling apart. So I went to the house and checked it out. We had power and no damage to the house.

I went back and got everyone and came home.

Anyone up for raking leaves?

Dennis Peacock
09-01-2008, 11:21 PM
My best wishes and prayers to all of the SMC folks that are in the path of these hurricanes. Be safe.!!!!