PDA

View Full Version : New dovetail saw

Michael Hammers
08-31-2008, 6:57 PM
This is a new dovetail saw from Andrew Lunn.

Wayne Wheeling
08-31-2008, 7:56 PM
Very nice! A true work of art! I love to work with beautiful & functional tools!

Jerry Gerard
08-31-2008, 8:11 PM
Michael thats a real beauty , almost to nice to use . Andrew makes some beautiful saws , super nice guy too. Good luck with your new baby.

Steve Thomas
09-01-2008, 7:18 AM
Nice.
A bit full-on for my liking though... What are the dimentions, looks tiny, Or do you have huge hands :) ?

Michael Hammers
09-01-2008, 10:03 AM
It is in fact a small saw. What would be considered a dedicated dovetail saw for drawers being .015" thick, and 16ppi. It is too be a very delicate & responsive saw.
Thanks for the kind comments.
I hope everyone enjoys a beautiful Labor Day!
Michael

Jim Becker
09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
That's a beautiful tool...in so many ways.

Michael Hammers
09-05-2008, 1:55 PM
Hello,
I received my saw yesterday. Wow. After about three cuts I found the rhythm and the bite. Really a work of art. I will post a few pics at the bench tonight.
So...when I get home from work tonight I will be posting my two saws from Vlad Spehar for sale. No need to have duplicates and I have already ordered a carcass and a panel is in the works form Andrew.
I know it is just a hobby and a hand saw, but I swear I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw that box after work...
Cheers,
Michael

Clint Jones
09-05-2008, 3:07 PM
Hello,
I know it is just a hobby and a hand saw, but I swear I was like a kid at Christmas when I saw that box after work...
Cheers,
Michael

I know how you feel ;) I felt the same way when I got my Wenzloff half back. Probably one of the smoothest cutting saws I have ever used.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r256/junkerjones/panelhb.jpg

Michael Hammers
09-05-2008, 3:42 PM
Hey Clint she's a peach! That is a purdy saw..I havent had the pleasure of owning one of Mike's saws. I am so happy he is going gangbusters though...
Is that considered a half back saw? Kind of curious what the size is.

Clint Jones
09-05-2008, 4:02 PM
Michael, I was really lucky and picked this one up off of another WW forum and got to bypass the long waiting list. Here are the specs

No. 8 Half-Back Saw
18" blade length
.032" steel
10 ppi
Cross Cut
Slotted Brass Back

It really is a nice all purpose saw and I really like the compact size. If you can get one I would highly reccommend it.

Alan DuBoff
09-06-2008, 2:24 AM
Beautiful dovetail saw!!!!

I sure love how he does that scroll on front of the handle, behind the chamfers...that is beautiful dovetail saw...