PDA

View Full Version : Bessy K Body Clamp Help

CPeter James
08-31-2008, 2:27 PM
I have some Bessy K Body clamps that are missing the black plastic end piece. Can you get replacements? I called Bessy USA and they basically blew me off saying to get it locally. Is this possible? I have not seen them in the woodworking stores. I would prefer to order on line as it is 35 miles to the nearest store and the others are 50 or more away.

CPeter

Rick Fisher
08-31-2008, 2:42 PM
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&p=31185&cat=1,43838

Lee Valley sells them for $1.10 each. Get extras.

Anthony Anderson
08-31-2008, 4:25 PM
Wow, that's disappointing, and surprising, to hear from Bessey. I have 40-50 bessey k body clamps, and was waiting to buy some of the new designs they have coming out. I almost bought some of the new Jets, but wanted to stay with bessey. I think I will call Bessey on Tuesday, to ask about the black end caps, and see how they treat me. If they are rude, and blow me off, then they don't want my business, and it will be time to get some of the new Jets. Just to think that I passed on the recent Jet 24" sale, to wait for the new Besseys. Great customer service means a lot to me, and if a company doesn't treat me as a valued customer, they will not get my business. Good luck on finding the black plastic pieces Peter. Bill

CPeter James
08-31-2008, 4:34 PM
Well, rude may not be the right word, but less than helpful. No suggestions. just get them locally and goodbye. Maybe someone was having a bad day.

CPeter

Stan Urbas
08-31-2008, 9:37 PM
Y'know, I just went through that very same thing. I called Bessey and told them my problem and they said those pieces were covered by guarantee. They didn't ask where or when I bought the clamps - just how many I needed. I told the gal just one, but she sent me four anyway. No charge for the part or postage. I'd say give Bessey a call again - maybe you'll get a more helpful person.

Thomas Williams
09-01-2008, 8:16 AM
I had the same result as Stan did. Only question asked was where to send them. True high quality customer service.

Anthony Anderson
09-01-2008, 8:22 AM
Well, rude may not be the right word, but less than helpful. No suggestions. just get them locally and goodbye. Maybe someone was having a bad day.

CPeter

Yep, By the service that the other two received, it does look like someone was having a bad day, or wanted to leave early for the labor day weekend. There I go again, jumping to conclusions, although I did say that it was surprising to hear of this service from Bessey:). Give them a another call and maybe you will get a different rep, and have better luck. Not jumping to conclusions anymore, promise:D.

Russ Massery
09-01-2008, 8:26 AM
Same reply here I wanted to modify some older ones I have. They didn't reply for at least two weeks. Good to know there available. Despite the overwhelming costumer service for Bessey. :(

Brent Smith
09-01-2008, 9:43 AM
I bought some K-Bodies from Woodworkers Supply a few months ago. Some of them were missing the black clips. I called there and the next day I received them in express post from Bessey Canada. Great CS all around. If you're still having problems just call Lee Valley, it's an instock item.

Mike Heidrick
09-01-2008, 10:39 AM
The new K-Bodys are nice. The modular setup will be a very cool idea.

I can't wait to see the new Jorgys.

Still loving my regular cabinetmasters and the Jet Parallels though!

Just picked up some new clamps this weekend. Drove 740 miles for them. Pics to come soon!!

Dar Lounsbury
09-01-2008, 1:20 PM
I just tried to purchase these from Lee Valley and the product shows but it won't add the parts to the order cart. Comment about being discontinued at the top of the Bessey page.

Brent Smith
09-01-2008, 3:54 PM
I just tried to purchase these from Lee Valley and the product shows but it won't add the parts to the order cart. Comment about being discontinued at the top of the Bessey page.

They were an in stock item a couple of months ago. I guess I should check on the web site next time before opening my mouth :o.

Brent Smith
09-02-2008, 4:38 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I called Lee Valley today and they still had some of the tail pieces in stock. I ordered a few, just in case.