PDA

View Full Version : WoodRiver router bits

Glenn Howard
08-29-2008, 6:43 PM
Woodcraft has these on sale for $5 each. Anyone use these before? What's the quality like?

Peter Quinn
08-29-2008, 6:47 PM
Is that a new name for the green $5 bits? If so those are a great value. Not the best bits ever made, but very good, reliable, fairly durable, accurate, and CHEAP! Last time Woodcraft had a $5 bit sale I bought 2 of every profile available. At that price they are almost disposable, though I have been using them for years.

Kim Spence
08-30-2008, 9:55 AM
I picked up a couple of the $5 Woodriver rabbiting bits yesterday. I was told they are the same bit as the Woodcraft house brand bits. Never tried them before, but figured for $5 its hard to go wrong.

Lon LeBlanc
08-30-2008, 9:36 PM
I have the Woodcraft house brand bits, and they seem perfectly adequate. I ordered some of the $5 bits yesterday to go with what I have.

Greg Hines, MD
08-31-2008, 12:21 PM
I have both sets of the Woodcraft $5 bits (20 in total), and have been pleased with them. Whiteside bits, Freud, Infinity, or Amana are better manufacturers, but Woodcraft makes a good bit.

Doc

travis howe
03-02-2009, 8:38 PM
Any more feedback on these? Seems for $5 they can be almost disposable if they'll run a hundred or so board feet each.

I don't have a LOT of decent 1/2" bits yet and wonder if someone like me who uses the router table about 25 minutes total a month might be the way to go.:confused:

Cheers all!

r/travis

Brent Leonard
03-02-2009, 9:06 PM
Spend your money....

The Woodriver bits will fit your needs perfectly well.
I have had NO problems with them. I wish they made more profiles at the $5 price!