PDA

View Full Version : Benchtop Tool Station

Adam Cavaliere
08-28-2008, 9:43 PM
I had a need to make smaller stations for two of my benchtop tools.

One of them is a 13" Bench top planer and the other is a Sanding Station from Ridgid.

Here is my sketchup plan that I made. I picked up the 2x4's and the plywood last night and will start on it tomorrow.

Let me know if you are interested in the Sketchup model and I'll share it here.

Wayne Cannon
08-29-2008, 1:29 AM
It looks like it could use some diagonal bracing (or a plywood back) to provide some lateral (left-right) stability.

Denny Rice
08-29-2008, 4:59 AM
It looks like it could use some diagonal bracing (or a plywood back) to provide some lateral (left-right) stability.

And mobility.......With a small shop you always need a way to move your tools.. 4 Casters (2 with locks).

Adam Cavaliere
08-29-2008, 8:01 AM
And mobility.......With a small shop you always need a way to move your tools.. 4 Casters (2 with locks).

I don't like casters when I want to have them hooked up to my dust collection system...

Also I think there is going to be enough left / right stability because of the base on the bottom.

Eric Larsen
08-29-2008, 8:42 AM
I think even with the base on the bottom, it will be able to flex a little.

I'd still add 1/4" of ply for rigidity.

Adam Cavaliere
08-29-2008, 8:44 AM
I think it's a good idea - I'll see where I can fit it in.

Andy Casiello
08-29-2008, 10:26 AM
I had a need to make smaller stations for two of my benchtop tools.

One of them is a 13" Bench top planer and the other is a Sanding Station from Ridgid.

Here is my sketchup plan that I made. I picked up the 2x4's and the plywood last night and will start on it tomorrow.

Let me know if you are interested in the Sketchup model and I'll share it here.

I'd be interested, Adam. That looks great! I need something similar, and was looking online last night at a couple of stands. I have a DeWalt planer on the way here, and the bench is already crowded. I have 18' of bench space and there's no room for projects anymore.

I'd love to see pics of your stand when you are done with it too. Thanks!

Eric Larsen
08-29-2008, 10:56 AM
I think it's a good idea - I'll see where I can fit it in.

Besides, that will give you a place to screw in a dust collection gate.