PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic DC remote problem

Jeff Monson
08-28-2008, 6:34 PM
Hi all, I just purchased a new powermatic dust collector pm1300 with remote and I'm really disappointed in the remote, you must be within 5 feet of the machine or it wont respond to the remote. I've tried 3 different brands of batteries in the remote and all have the same results, anyone else had this experience.

I was expecting to start and stop my dc that is located behind a wall.

Jason Beam
08-28-2008, 6:58 PM
Sadly, the remotes that come with the Jet and the PM collectors are infrared - like a TV remote ... in that they're line-of-sight. Sucky.

What you really want is an RF remote like the "Long Ranger" or the one sold by Shopfox. They have a little antenna that sticks out of 'em and you can put the thing in a closet (like i do) and it turns on from anywhere in the shop. No fiddling!

Lance Norris
08-28-2008, 8:59 PM
What you really want is an RF remote like the "Long Ranger" They have a little antenna that sticks out of 'em and you can put the thing in a closet (like i do) and it turns on from anywhere in the shop. No fiddling!

The Long Ranger is the way to go, over the Shop Fox. There is no antenna on the LR and it really is a "Long Ranger" It will power up my DC from over 300 feet away. Seriously.

Jason Beam
08-28-2008, 9:37 PM
The Long Ranger is the way to go, over the Shop Fox. There is no antenna on the LR and it really is a "Long Ranger" It will power up my DC from over 300 feet away. Seriously.

Good to hear positive accounts of the LR. A friend has one and likes it, too. I absolutely love my shopfox and have no complaints either. Looks like they're both adequate for most needs. :)