PDA

View Full Version : 10 Most Dangerous Intersections in US

Chris Padilla
05-05-2004, 10:50 AM
http://www.statefarm.com/di/danlist00.htm

Since we have a chunk o' people around the Philadelphia area, I thought this might be of interest.

Ken Garlock
05-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Darn, Plano is slipping in the ratings. All the immigrant Yankees need to tune up there bumper tag game. :D

Greg Heppeard
05-05-2004, 11:25 AM
Is there any way we can get an updated figure on this? It's 2 years old and Tulsa has gotten much higher in the top 10, I'm sure. By now we should be pushing #1 and possibly have more than 2 spots. Actually, I think that the 51st and Memorial area has gotten better...they all moved 2 miles away to the 71st area...I knew there was a reason that I hated to go to that part of town. :eek:

Jim Becker
05-05-2004, 11:48 AM
Since we have a chunk o' people around the Philadelphia area, I thought this might be of interest.
The two in NE Philadelphia are indeed dangerous places...largely because of those proverbial "pink" lights. Folks just don't stop for red lights anymore. Everybody's in a hurry. The road is very, very wide with two three-lane sections in each direction. ("Express" in the middle) and folks get caught broadside all too often, not to mention in rear-enders. These intersections are also very, very busy as they are feeders to and from major residential and shopping sections of that part of the city. Personally...I never go there!

Chris Padilla
05-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Is there any way we can get an updated figure on this? It's 2 years old and Tulsa has gotten much higher in the top 10, I'm sure. By now we should be pushing #1 and possibly have more than 2 spots. Actually, I think that the 51st and Memorial area has gotten better...they all moved 2 miles away to the 71st area...I knew there was a reason that I hated to go to that part of town. :eek:
Greg,

Call or email State Farm and ask them to update their web site with new data.

Bruce Shiverdecker
05-05-2004, 5:19 PM
Been through both intersections on RT 1 (Roosevelt Blvd) numerous times. Yup they be BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD places.

Jeff Cybulski
05-05-2004, 9:49 PM
Greg - I agree I would think 51ST would be #1. 71st and Memorial used to be # 1 but has gotten better since the lanes were expanded and the Creek opened. This is one of the reasons I moved to Collinsville ( that and land is cheaper then BA)

Jeff

Phil Phelps
05-10-2004, 8:43 AM
The most dangerous is the one with the red light runner.....T boned and roll over....

John Miliunas
05-10-2004, 9:08 AM
The most dangerous is the one with the red light runner.....T boned and roll over....

Major league "OUCH"!!! :eek: Hope nobody was hurt bad! That's an awful lot of truck for someone to hit hard enough and cause it to rollover! Probably yakking on a c-phone when they hit you, too! :cool: