PDA

View Full Version : raven cnc

Brandon Viger
08-27-2008, 9:24 PM
anyone ever deal with a guy from arizona, called raven CNC? i cant remember his name off the top of my head. he makes cnc machines.

i got royally screwed by this guy. im 20. im new here, and unfortunately my first post is a complaint. but anywho. i build guitars, i currently build electric guitars, but id rather be building acoustics. to simplify electric building, i decided to get a cnc. my father helped, and we researched a man selling on ebay. my uncle lives in arizona, and on a trip out there to visit, my father went to this guys house and checked out his product. it was great product, all extruded aluminum and machined well, and a pretty decent deal, mach 3 software, and all the extra stuff. im not sure of all the details right now, but ill look through the old paperwork. so we ordered it through the guy, gave him half the money, and basically started having problems then. we called, emailed, and called again. many phone calls, apparently we werent the only one, because on a few occasions, his voicemail was full. so anywho. long story short, its been about 2 or 3 years and i have no cnc, and am out half the price.

so if anyone knows of the guy, or they have any ideas let me know. im in the market for a new cnc, any suggestions.

oh. by the way, this forum is great, ive been surfing it constantly.

Skip Weiser
08-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi, sorry for your loss. I've never heard of the guy but I did a quick Google search and found another person he ripped off, if this is the same guy.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/ (http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/326/RipOff0326043.htm)

Skip

Brandon Viger
08-28-2008, 7:36 AM
wow skip, that is the guy, its been so long since i tried to search, its amazing that there is a little info on the guy. thanks for the info.

so, does anyone have any suggestions on a cnc for what i need?

James Jaragosky
08-28-2008, 8:43 AM
does anyone have any suggestions on a cnc for what i need?

That is a loaded question.It will depend on a lot of things.

Cost: how much can you spend?

Size: How big of a machine do you really need? or can get into the space you have?

Power: What is the source type (Ie..240 single phase vs 2 and 3 phase) of power have?

Money: Are you willing to spend the money to upgrade your electric service to get the machine you want or can afford?

Noise and Accuracy: Do you need a spindle or can you use a router?

Dust: Do you have a dust collection system yet?

Software: What type of software do you use now or will you need software and training?

Support: How technical are you can you handle a used or off brand machine or will you need tons of support?

As far as the best type of machine. For what its worth, so far I love the team from Camaster.
But I am sure others will tell you the same about the machine they use. I am sure everyone here loves the one they have, but wishes for just one more upgrade that would make it that much better.
I do not have one yet, it will be delivered soon.
Above are just a few of that important questions that I have had too asked myself.
Remember to be honest to yourself about your needs and answers, or you will regret your purchase later.

wow skip, that is the guy, its been so long since i tried to search, its amazing that there is a little info on the guy. thanks for the info.
That Post / complaint looks fairly recent.
Did you report him to the police? If you did not I would suggest that you do so now. it is highly unlikely you will ever see your money but you may help someone else out by notifying the police about this guy and help keep him from coning others.
It would appear that this guy has a scam ongoing for years.
Best of luck on your research and purchase.
Jim J.

Larry Bratton
08-28-2008, 6:53 PM
anyone ever deal with a guy from arizona, called raven CNC? i cant remember his name off the top of my head. he makes cnc machines.

i got royally screwed by this guy. im 20. im new here, and unfortunately my first post is a complaint. but anywho. i build guitars, i currently build electric guitars, but id rather be building acoustics. to simplify electric building, i decided to get a cnc. my father helped, and we researched a man selling on ebay. my uncle lives in arizona, and on a trip out there to visit, my father went to this guys house and checked out his product. it was great product, all extruded aluminum and machined well, and a pretty decent deal, mach 3 software, and all the extra stuff. im not sure of all the details right now, but ill look through the old paperwork. so we ordered it through the guy, gave him half the money, and basically started having problems then. we called, emailed, and called again. many phone calls, apparently we werent the only one, because on a few occasions, his voicemail was full. so anywho. long story short, its been about 2 or 3 years and i have no cnc, and am out half the price.

so if anyone knows of the guy, or they have any ideas let me know. im in the market for a new cnc, any suggestions.

oh. by the way, this forum is great, ive been surfing it constantly.
"my father went to this guys house and checked out his product"

I imagine if I knew where this a..hole lives, I would be back at his house huh?

Shari Loveless
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Brandon,
You might put in a call to the AZ Attorney Generals office. If they can't handle it, they can surely point you in the right direction. You have nothing to lose giving them a call. Or even email them. Sorry to hear he's from this state but I guess there are cons everywhere. He needs to be stopped in his tracks and give you a refund(plus interest). You might even consider Call 12 for action. They always seem to track these guys down and get something done! http://www.azcentral.com/12news/consumer/
Shari

Doug Griffith
09-25-2008, 2:45 PM
It looks like his house is up for sale. Might be a good time to put on some pressure.

http://www.trulia.com/property/1065979510-7230-S-40th-Ln-Phoenix-AZ-85041