PDA

View Full Version : Fine woodworking and kitchen cabinet?

Al Willits
08-27-2008, 11:04 AM
A ways back I seen a kitchen cabinet set up on the Fine Wood Working web site, these kitchen cabinets had what looks to be smaller vertical strips running down the doors, 2 each door I think, strips were about 1.5 to 2" wide maybe and were darker in color.

I think the article was on kitchen cabinets, but I can't remember who or what excatly.
Does anybody remember these and if so, know how I can either get to that article or make those strips?
Wife says she likes them, and I'm not sure how he did them.
tia

Al

Ed Peters
08-27-2008, 2:03 PM
I,ve got horizontal stripes in the face frame of one of my kitchens Red Oak with 2 stripes of purple heart and a strip of walnut between. None in the doors though, haven't seen that.

Ed

Al Willits
08-27-2008, 2:23 PM
I might add the stripes were not on the styles and rails, but on the panel vertically, kinda divided the door panel into thirds, looked pretty nice.

Al

Ed Peters
08-27-2008, 2:58 PM
If these are raised panel doors, that would be a snap to accomplish. Just rip your pieces to the size/spacing that you want and glue them up just as any normal glue up. Cut to length and machine the profile on the perimeter.

Ed

Al Willits
08-27-2008, 3:38 PM
Thanks Ed, I kept thinking they were a separate piece and had some sort of joinery involved, making it all one panel makes sense...thanks..:D

Al.....continully making things more difficult that they really are....:D

Kevin L. Pauba
08-27-2008, 8:59 PM
Might it be "Craftsman-Style Kitchen Cabinets" (in the gallery)?

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/Gallery/GalleryImage.aspx?id=26314

Al Willits
08-28-2008, 7:01 AM
Kevin thanks, if you look at the base cabinets that's very close, only difference I see is the vertical dividers on the door were a darker color in the ones we seen before.

Least now I know I wasn't halicinating...:)

Al