PDA

View Full Version : How many Robland X-31 owners here?

Craig McCormick
08-27-2008, 9:31 AM
We moved into our current home about a year ago. This is my first time with a dedicated shop outside of the garage. Because of money restraints we had not planned on a separate shop until a later date, but the guy that designed and remodeled the exterior of our home did not like the look of the west side of our home and suggested we add a room to change the look. He offered to split the cost of the basic structure minus insulation, wiring, and drywall, etc. My cost was only $2700.00! The shop is only 13' X 23' but it is all shop. No cars, bikes, or lawn equipment. I did decide to go with a used Robland x31 combo machine to save on floor space. I am pretty happy with my x31 for the type of work I do. I have not tackled the sliding table adjustment yet and the table is badly mis-aligned. I was just wondering how many past and present x31 owners there are here at the creek.

You can check out the house and shop project here:
http://www.azcraig.us/New_House_Project.html
The house and shop are much farther along than the pictures show. I'll update the page someday.

Wade Lippman
08-27-2008, 1:58 PM
Yahoo has a X31 user group.
When I was considering a combination machine last year I talked to an owner. He was very happy with it except... the table was badly out of alignment and defied all efforts at making it better.
Good luck.

Craig McCormick
08-28-2008, 8:18 AM
Wade,

Thanks. I have joined the Yahoo group and gotten a lot of info from them.

As cooler weather moves in I will adjust the sliding table on my x31. It was knocked out of adjustment when it was transported here. I am pleased with the machine so far. I checked all the other adjustments and they are good.
So far it doesn't look like there are too many other x31 owners here.

Craig