PDA

View Full Version : Ruba-something

Jon Lanier
08-26-2008, 11:20 PM
I can't remember the name of this wood? But it is a curly Ruba....something or other. This is one of two pens I did for an order. The pens they are going to are two men who have been ordained into the ministry.

Jr. Gent Gold Rollerball.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7095/rubatanpd2.jpg

michael gallagher
08-26-2008, 11:37 PM
Jon-

Nice looking pen! On the engraving - do you have the engraving done, then apply the finish? If you have the engraving done after finishing, do you ever get concerned with the heat from the laser making, for example, a flammable substance like CA glue catch on fire and ruin your work?

Jon Lanier
08-26-2008, 11:47 PM
Jon-

Nice looking pen! On the engraving - do you have the engraving done, then apply the finish? If you have the engraving done after finishing, do you ever get concerned with the heat from the laser making, for example, a flammable substance like CA glue catch on fire and ruin your work?

I have the engraving done. I wish I had a laser.... but the $$$ is out of my league.

thanks,
Jon

Don Carter
08-27-2008, 12:08 AM
Jon:
That is a beautiful pen! I am sure these new ministers will appreciate the pens for long, long time.

Bernie Weishapl
08-27-2008, 9:45 AM
Jon great looking pen. He is going to love it.

Ben Gastfriend
08-27-2008, 4:15 PM
Looks good! I always have the engraving done after the pen is finished and I have never ran into any problems. I've used finishes from shellac, CA, laquer, poly, and just plain wax on pens.