PDA

View Full Version : New Toy on its way

Steven Wilson
05-04-2004, 3:14 PM
Well tomorrow or Thursday I should see if the box that gets delivered is as good as the box when it left the loading dock at Minimax last Friday. The frieght company will deliver the machine to the rigger I hired and it shouldn't take to long to get the beast uncrated and transfered to my house. Now, if my dust collection piping will just show up and I can be back up and running.

Jim Becker
05-04-2004, 3:52 PM
"Yum, yum!" Congrats on the new Mini Max machine, Steven. Hiring the rigger was a good idea and certainly will save your own back!

Steven Wilson
05-04-2004, 4:39 PM
I'm not going to even try and tackle a 2100lb machine. I have a rigging company about 5 miles from my house and they charge $1/mile plus $68/hr. They'll accept the delivery for free and the clock will start when they assign someone to uncrate it and move it with a forklift to their lowbed trailer and deliver. The representative figures about 2hr of work which will equate to roughly $200; that's cheaper than renting a forklift, or renting rigging supplies (rented by the week), or about anyother method I looked at. All I have to do is sign the delivery document from the freight company and snap a few pictures with the camera.

Wes Bischel
05-04-2004, 4:50 PM
Kinda makes you all tingly inside don't it! :p I think it will be $200 well spent. As I get older, I find sweat equity is not as good an investment as it once was. (not to mention having to round up all of the tools and the expense of them)

Wes

Steven Wilson
05-04-2004, 5:20 PM
Kinda makes you all tingly inside don't it! :p I think it will be $200 well spent.

The scary part is what will I do when I eventually sell my house and move

Russell Svenningsen
05-04-2004, 5:24 PM
That's a scary thought, but you'll figure somthing out. Might be easier to put the whole house on a truck!

Best of luck with the Mini..........lookin' forward to lots of pics! :D

Tyler Howell
05-04-2004, 5:59 PM
And He lives in Minnesota! Don't we have smart people here!:cool:
Have Drool, Will Travel!;)
Congrats steve.

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
05-04-2004, 11:31 PM
The scary part is what will I do when I eventually sell my house and move

Just do as I am doing and have a living estate sale and set aside the money from the sale to rebuy those things you want to replace and forget all that stuff you haven't been using.

Steven Wilson
05-05-2004, 11:43 PM
:D Well it made it to the rigger this afternoon and was safely unload - no damage. Tomorrow morning they'll pull it off the crate, load it, and deliver it.