PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 SP1

Anthony Scira
08-25-2008, 5:22 PM
Any of you have any problems updating X4 to SP1 ?

My computer did not like it and I am in the middle of an uninstall/reinstall.

Just curious............

Robert Ray
08-25-2008, 5:54 PM
It worked fine for me, and solved my "Snap To" problem.

James Stokes
08-25-2008, 6:48 PM
It worked fine for me but did not fix the text problems.

Anthony Scira
08-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I have everything reinstalled and am hesitant to try again.

Are you guys using Vista or XP ?

James Stokes
08-26-2008, 9:52 AM
I have both.

Bill Cunningham
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Hmmm I tried several times to upgrade, and finally had success tonight!! I had to drop back to the older version of the microsoft parser by uninstalling the one I had, and installing the new one, then 'rippped' out the program, and registry entries using the manual method, then reinstalled x4, and before starting it up and dropping some 'surds' in the registry, I ran the upgrade, it installed, then I was able to start the program.. Gad what a P.I.T.A .. This was the worst upgrade experiance I ever had with anything.. Corel should be hanging their head in shame!!

Here is a link to the solution to the 'usual error problem' have fun!!

http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=Z-hkWjcj&p_lva=&p_faqid=763230&p_created=1215545053&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEmc F9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1wYXJzZXImcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT0zJnB fcHJvZF9sdmwxPTE1JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTIyMSZwX3NvcnRfY nk9ZGZsdCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

R. A. Mitchell
08-27-2008, 7:43 PM
I had to reinstall, too. It gave me some kind of message about having trouble reading an xml file. Corel website said to install some windows program, the version of which was lower than what was already on my machine (XP SP3).

I did the entire manual uninstall/reinstall deal, and so far it works fine.

Bill Cunningham
08-28-2008, 7:44 PM
I had to reinstall, too. It gave me some kind of message about having trouble reading an xml file. Corel website said to install some windows program, the version of which was lower than what was already on my machine (XP SP3).

I did the entire manual uninstall/reinstall deal, and so far it works fine.

Exactly the same problem here.. Must be very common.. I took out the 'newer' parser, and installed the old one before ripping everything out manually.. I'm not even sure you have to rip it all out manually.. The remove program should also work, because in the 'rip it out manually' instructions it says to use this method when the normal remove program will not work.. Gad even the instructions can be a PITA.. It works now, I just hope if they bring out SP2 it won't be such a headache..