PDA

View Full Version : CI Fall of Sweden Chisels

John Gregory
08-25-2008, 2:28 PM
There is a local ad for 8 of these in a leather roll for $80. The ad says that they are new. Is that a good deal?

Thanks

Robert Rozaieski
08-25-2008, 2:37 PM
I can't vouch for the quality, having never used them, but it's almost half the price of retail for a new 8 piece set.

http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/product_info.php/cPath/39_92_463/products_id/2794

Jerry Gerard
08-25-2008, 4:23 PM
There is a local ad for 8 of these in a leather roll for $80. The ad says that they are new. Is that a good deal?

Thanks

John they look like real nice chisels and the price seems good compared to the link Bob gave . Let us know how you like them if you do buy the set.

Regards
Jerry

Circa Bellum
08-25-2008, 4:27 PM
I have a small set of four and I use them all the time. They hold an edge pretty well, sharpen up quickly when need be and they feel good in my hands. I will say that they are the only ones I've had since I started doing this so I can't speak to whether any of the others are better or not, but I do like mine.

James Schulist
08-25-2008, 5:32 PM
Hi, I am a rank newbie, but I have a couple of them, they are very rough on the back and sides and take a considerable effort to hone out the ridges, but they do hold an edge well. I believe these are also the same chisels used by Robby Pedersen in the Handcut Dovetails video

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/category/podcast/

I think that would be an excellent deal for them... take the time to get em squared away, you're good to go...

-James Schulist

Bruce Page
08-25-2008, 6:54 PM
I'd jump on that deal.

John Gregory
08-27-2008, 5:31 PM
Well I bought them today $80 for a set of 8 with leather roll up. The are all brand new in the cardboard packages. Never used. Now I will need to tune them up. I have been using the Marples blue handle ones. No complaints for the price, but the longer handle seems nice on the new ones.

Jack Camillo
08-27-2008, 6:34 PM
for $10 a piece, you done good. And leather roll up, well,use it as an apron, heck, put the chisels in a rack above the bench.
ps: i'm pretty much a toolaholic as well, and close to full-fledged admitting it.

James Schulist
08-28-2008, 3:53 AM
Well I bought them today $80 for a set of 8 with leather roll up. The are all brand new in the cardboard packages. Never used. Now I will need to tune them up. I have been using the Marples blue handle ones. No complaints for the price, but the longer handle seems nice on the new ones.

That's great and all, but, it didn't happen without pics ya know...:D

John Gregory
08-28-2008, 9:11 AM
I know, pics to follow:rolleyes:

That's great and all, but, it didn't happen without pics ya know...:D

Jerry Gerard
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM

Good to hear you picked them up , please let us/ me know how you like them once you put them to work . :D