PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a new logo!

Andrew Derhammer
08-25-2008, 2:13 PM
I've switched my turnings to strictly game calls, i belong to a forum for custom calls. One of the members there made me a logo without me asking for it for free. So as a gift i'm sending him the curly narra duck call i posted in the turning forum, here's the new logo.
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b40/cadensdad/hammer2copy.jpg

David DeCristoforo
08-25-2008, 2:14 PM
What's a "curly narra duck" and why would you want to call one?

todd johnson
08-25-2008, 2:28 PM

...and what would you call it??

Belinda Barfield
08-25-2008, 2:33 PM

...and what would you call it??

The curly narra duck is a member of the rarely seen duck species "Stooges". They are identified by their distinctive call of Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk. :D

In all seriousness Andrew, I like the logo. It's clear, very plainly states what you do, and who you are. It's very catchy and heck, it was a gift. You can't beat that.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-25-2008, 3:09 PM
Belinda, there are days you just plain scare me! :)

David DeCristoforo
08-25-2008, 3:18 PM
OK, here's the deal (I looked it up on WIKI). A narrow ravine with a creek or river running through it will often be referred to as "the narrows". There is a "narrows" that is particularly winding and twisting and these narrows are called the "curly narrows" by the "locals". However, since these "curly narrows" are located in the deep south, whenever a local speaks of them it ends up being pronounced "curly narras". And the ducks that fly through these "curly narras" are (logically) called "curly narra ducks". They are well known for the extraordinary speed with which they negotiate the "curly narras". Evidently, a strong tourist business has sprung up around these ducks and many locals have been able to support their families on the fees they earn working as guides, taking the tourists to the "curly narras" to see the ducks go rocketing by. These guides have been growing in numbers causing a steady increase in the sales of curly narra duck calls. However, market analysts are predicting a "topping out" as the market becomes saturated.

PS Although extensive research has been done (at great public expense) on this subject, the reason these particular ducks are compelled to risk life and limb to go scalding up and down these "narras" remains a mystery. One popular theory is that the "curly narras" are like the "Banzai Pipeline" of the duck world and that this particular group of ducks are the equivalent of the the hard core "extreme" surf and snow sportsmen.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-25-2008, 3:20 PM
Probably Woodies, they are a definite go like hell bird.

Belinda Barfield
08-25-2008, 3:43 PM
Belinda, there are days you just plain scare me! :)

How so, Kevin?

However, since these "curly narrows" are located in the deep south, whenever a local speaks of them it ends up being pronounced "curly narras". And the ducks that fly through these "curly narras" are (logically) called "curly narra ducks".

David,
Are you sure you ain't jes' funnin' us?

David DeCristoforo
08-25-2008, 3:48 PM
"Are you sure you ain't jes' funnin' us?"

Who....me?

David G Baker
08-25-2008, 3:51 PM
Now David is starting to scare me! :D

mark page
08-25-2008, 9:17 PM
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, acts like a duck, quacks like a duck.......I'd keep a close eye on it, could be an imposter...:D
I do likes the logo though.

Greg Cole
08-26-2008, 12:36 PM
"Are you sure you ain't jes' funnin' us?"

Who....me?

The quitting smoking has you going batty eh....... ;)

Greg- running from a drop kick now.

David DeCristoforo
08-26-2008, 5:15 PM
"...quitting smoking has you going batty..."

Naa. I was going batty long before I stopped smoking! Just ask my wife.