PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta IFW The Deal is done!

James Jaragosky
08-24-2008, 8:46 PM
The Deal is done! It took 2.5 days and a lot of walking (man was that show was big.) but in the final waning hours of Saturday, just as the show was closing I was able to negotiate a deal on a new 4x8 cnc router with Josh from Camaster. I had been talking with his dad on and off as I compared machines from other manufactures, and he came down in price quite a bit, but I was still outside my comfort zone. So after looking at every cnc router manufacture at the show and asking one thousand questions, I kept coming back to Camaster because they have one well built machine at a great price, and the topper is they are just plain nice people to deal with. so I was explaining my dilemma to Josh, basically I was looking at a particular overseas machine vs. his machine and how the pricing was so cheap on the other machine that even if I had to replace the software and controllers with local made stuff that it was still thousands cheaper, but I really wanted to purchase from Camaster but the price was just out of my reach, well he worked with me, and we both made some compromises and it came out to a great deal for me.
My new baby will be delivered in mid to late October ( my requested time frame) and I am very excited.

Paul Stelpflug
08-24-2008, 9:27 PM
You will find yourself in great company with other "Cam-heads". I am also an owner and waiting for my machine to be delivered. I felt the same way about the ownership and personel working for the Camaster company. I have met a few of the other machine owners and they all have the same opinion. We are all venturing into the unknown world of CNC and will rely on each other for help from time to time. Where in the world are you located? What type of work do you do? What model CNC did you get? Please throw your name into the hat with the rest of us and we will all share info and be for the better as time goes. Glad you enjoyed the AWF show and glad you have decided to become a fellow Cam-head.

Paul
Concord, NC

Neville Stewart
08-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Congratulations on the new machine James - I'm a Shopbot user, but a cnc in your shop will have you smiling for years to come - I still watch mine :=)

james mcgrew
08-25-2008, 7:49 AM
i am going to paint my ten year old camaster the new yellow today!!!

james no one could have been more surprised at your camaster purchase than I, i can really relate to the homework you have done to go cnc for the first time and the fustration that can surface from the "voodoo" of cnc salesmen, i found the same thing from the camheads and at 8 months into cnc i am 7 months past the worst part of the learning curve as a result of my camhead owners connection!!!!

as rocket and i say,

Crank it up!!!

jim mcgrew

Michael Kowalczyk
08-25-2008, 1:07 PM
Well James Congratulations!
Welcome to the un-official CNC owner's Club. Prepare your wife now for those long nights alone while you are playing with your new toy, I mean high tech industrial robotic router that will help offset the substantial increases we have all seen in our utility bills.

All kidding aside, I enjoyed meeting you and your wife for dinner and hope I was able to help you in some way. Even though I do not have a Camaster, they all move in X,Y and Z. So let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

James Jaragosky
08-25-2008, 9:29 PM
You will find yourself in great company with other "Cam-heads". I am also an owner and waiting for my machine to be delivered. I felt the same way about the ownership and personel working for the Camaster company. I have met a few of the other machine owners and they all have the same opinion. We are all venturing into the unknown world of CNC and will rely on each other for help from time to time. Where in the world are you located? What type of work do you do? What model CNC did you get? Please throw your name into the hat with the rest of us and we will all share info and be for the better as time goes. Glad you enjoyed the AWF show and glad you have decided to become a fellow Cam-head.

Paul
Concord, NC
The answer to your questions about my location and machine type you have to look no further than my sig.
but here goes
Noblesville IN- (about 45 minutes north of Indianapolis)
I got the cobra 408 4x8 table, no vacuum and a 3.5 porter cable.
My compromise was to come down from a 5hp spindle, and I will control the unit with a file on a flash drive and a hand held instead of wincnc or mach3 type software and a computer ( I am still not sure if this is truly a good idea, so if you have a opinion I sure would like to here it)
They compromised in price just enough to reach the outer limits of my budget for this purchase.
I plan on doing molds for a local tile company with whom I have an agreement already.
Some very large 2d/3d wall murals / art
And at last! I get to do some 3d doors,
I have two orders already one for a horse and one for a dwarf from a local si-fi fan.

George Beck
08-26-2008, 7:47 AM
Is Camaster made in China?

George

james mcgrew
08-26-2008, 8:02 AM
Camaster's are built in La Fayette GA. i have one that is 8 years old and another that is being built now, bill was a dealer for the sh cnc router that comes out of china and still supports the routers he sold, now they build the larger cobra and pro series router's, the smaller stinger is imported and americanized at camaster's shop. all of thier base tables are built with heavy legs and base structure, gantrys are all the same cost variances are in type of spindle, router and vacuum as well as size of table, the routers are overbuilt, which is my requirement for my work.

jim mcgrew

www.mcgrewwoodwork.com (http://www.mcgrewwoodwork.com)

my older router is here to the right

George Beck
08-26-2008, 8:13 AM
Excellent! Thank you very much Jim. Most helpful

George

james mcgrew
08-26-2008, 8:15 AM
George, at this point in my life i will only wear two logo's on a shirt

1) Harley Davidson

2) CAMaster

i can trust em!

jim

james mcgrew
08-28-2008, 8:14 PM
james here is my older camaster running 3d sailboat 14" tall x 21" wide at 300 ipm and could handled a lot more

jim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmsvux38fwk