PDA

View Full Version : Leigh D4- where and what?

larry merlau
05-04-2004, 11:09 AM
well i have been given the authority to purchase a dovetail jig and leigh has gotten my vote,after reading your views and reviews, thanks. so now my next question is where to get the best price? and what all is needed to use it? dont need to get the toy and not have the batteries:) :)

Jason Tuinstra
05-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Larry, I can't help you out with the price factor. I'm sure you'll not find that much difference in price, but have fun looking. ;)

As for "batteries," you'll need to make sure you have the right guidebushing. I had one before I bought the jig, but I ended up buying another one from Leigh directly. It was a bit longer and was a better fit with the jig. I don't know what the others have found, but that was my experience.

I would also recommend the thicker bits (8mm) with the necessary collet reducer. You can check all this out at the Leigh website (www.leighjigs.com). Other than this, you're good to go!

If you order it, be sure to check out the site and read up so that you'll be able to get right into it when it arrives. There is a learning curve, but the manuel is great and you should have no problems. Great choice of jigs. You'll love it!

Tim Sproul
05-04-2004, 11:23 AM
leevalley.com

excellent customer service. Very good pricing.

Scott Coffelt
05-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Lee Valley

You'll also need 8m bits, collars (Might look to a Leigh Set), bushings for your router and if you have a PC router might look at the dust chute.