PDA

View Full Version : My lathe area is setup,finally!

Dana Vogel
08-24-2008, 4:30 PM
Just finished setting up this new Jet 1642EVS and associated tool cabinets and a sharpening cart with accessories. Time to turn. See my pictures here at Picasa's WebAlbum:http://picasaweb.google.com/vogeldp/BenchGrinderCartLatheArea

Bernie Weishapl
08-24-2008, 4:55 PM
That is a good looking setup and will work well for you. I might have to borrow your idea on the tool rack. Well done.

tim mathis
08-24-2008, 10:50 PM
hi , that looks great but it is too clean , start turning !
tim mathis

Leo Van Der Loo
08-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Nice setup Dana, one note on the tool storage, I'm not in favor of anyone potentially reaching over a turning while spinning, a loose fitting sweat or T shirt can be very hazardous, do take care and play safe.

Nathan Hawkes
08-25-2008, 2:13 AM
I agree with it being too clean! I've had a loose shirt sucked in once, actually into the outboard spindle, which was one too many times enough. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Scared the crap outta me, and ripped the shirt. One other safety thing, and its something you've probably already thought about, but the picture is kinda hard to tell for sure; Make sure that motor has at least a couple inches minimum between it and the wall; the fan needs ample room to draw air in to cool the motor. Just my 0.02

Lets see some shavings!