PDA

View Full Version : wood finds for those near myrtle beach

curtis rosche
08-24-2008, 2:33 PM
just got back from myrtle beach. had lots of fun, and founds some great burls. i am mentioning them for those of you who are around there or able to get them.

1# there is a palmetto burl on the second tree down from the building entrance from the castle, atolya, it is about 1 ft off the ground. the place is controled by state park , but next year their lease is up and it goes back to the trust board, they might take out the trees to restore the original look.

2#at one of the golf courses at litchfeild, on the 18th hole tee box, on the left side of the either white or red tee box, there is a live oak burl that is the size of one of those car roof turtle shell carriers, its on a 300year old tree

3# in charlston, there is another palmetto burl that is 3 feet acroos and about 2 ft high. if you go to the visitors center, and go from there to the park next store, the tree is on the same side as the center.

i saw many other burls but they were either places you would have to know some one to get them, or they were smaller than a basketball, making them not worth mentioning

i figure someone might get these when they are there or if the are in the area.