PDA

View Full Version : Old/New holdfast

Dave Lehnert
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM
Found this on Highland Hardware web site. It is a Anant hold fast modeled after the Rocord's model. Looks interesting for under $30. Needs a 15/16" hole. Kinda an odd size. Should have made it for a 3/4" hole in a bench.

http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/ProductImages/workbenches/199304.jpg

Johnny Kleso
08-24-2008, 12:53 AM
I have a Record and have not mounted it but I think its a 1" shaft

It has the two metal rings one for top and bottom and three very long screws, you can see one ring in pic..

Michael Faurot
08-24-2008, 2:36 PM
Found this on Highland Hardware web site. It is a Anant hold fast modeled after the Record's model. Looks interesting for under $30.

I've got the same one, also purchased from Highland. Works great. I especially like the ability to precisely control the amount of presure I'm putting on something by way of the screw mechansim.

Needs a 15/16" hole. Kinda an odd size. Should have made it for a 3/4" hole in a bench.
The metal flange that gets installed into your bench needs more than just a simple hole drilled. That flange needs to sit flush or slightly under the surface of the bench. The idea here is that if the hold fast gets in the way of something, you can just pull it out and then lay something over the flange.