PDA

View Full Version : BOW Cigar Pen

michael gallagher
08-23-2008, 8:37 PM
Just to prove I don't exclusively make "wierd" pens like the sewer pipe and bowling ball chips I posted earlier, here is one I finished up this morning. It is Bethlehem olive wood on a cigar kit - I figured I needed to finish it today as I am using it to help me write a speech I have to give at church tomorrow (for those who went to Texas University, that's an indirect reference of how I'm looking for some Divine inspiration).

As usual, my photography is bad - the knot hole on the upper portion came pretty close to blowing out and took what seemed like a gallon of CA glue and fine sawdust from this pen (I rarely drink coffee so didn't have any grounds to use). I think I also have this BLO / CA glue finishing technique down after a few more than I care to count failures.

I'll resume the "wierd pen" series next week!

Have a good rest of the weekend-

Michael

Greg Cuetara
08-23-2008, 8:43 PM
Michael,
Great looking pen and I hope you get your inspiration....
Greg

Bill Bolen
08-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Outstanding pen and a gret finish! Afraid I have not mastered the CA finish but will keep sticking paper towels to pen until I do! Good luck with the speech too!.... Bill....

Steve Schlumpf
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Very nice pen! Good looking wood - great finish! Good luck with your speech!

Paul Douglass
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Very beautifuk pen, just doesn't get much prettier tha BOW

michael gallagher
08-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Thanks for all of the comments, I appreciate it. The speech went fine - there was a lot of Divine Inspiration - and I believe I held that pen in my hand for the entire ten minutes. Good thing it was a solid pen or I would have crushed it (I was a little nervous)!