PDA

View Full Version : Old TS parts

Mike Anderson Hershey PA
08-23-2008, 2:42 PM
I need your help. I received an old Delta 34-305 TS from my neighbor. It’s a great saw but the clamp that holds the table to the rear trunnion is broken. As a result I can’t make any cut accurately other than a 90*. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to find this discontinued part? I’ve been watching various classifieds, but this saw isn’t too common anymore.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

Jamie Hargrave
08-23-2008, 3:22 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "clamp". However, you could try ace tool repair, they carry lots of parts for old delta/rockwell tools.

Mike Anderson Hershey PA
08-23-2008, 3:40 PM
I've tried Ace and they don't carry it. According to the parts diagram, it is called a Clamp Shoe.

Mike

Charles Lent
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Have you tried Delta? If you really want to fix this saw and are willing to spend some money to fix it, but you can't get the part from Delta anymore, take the broken parts to a machine shop near you. They may be able to repair (weld or braze) it or they may be able to a replacement for you. Keep in mind that this won't be cheap. Don't put more money into the fix than the saw is worth. Make sure that they tell you how much it will cost before you give them the job.

Charley

Pete Bradley
08-24-2008, 8:41 PM
That part has been discontinued for years. However that saw is one of the more commonly parted out machines in Delta's early line. If you put an ad in the "Bring Out Your Dead" forum of the the Old Woodworking Machines site (http://www.owwm.org) someone will almost certainly have what you need.

Pete

Mike Anderson Hershey PA
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the info Pete. I'll give that a try.

Mike