PDA

View Full Version : Plaques

Dean Barber
08-22-2008, 6:18 PM
I saw this plaque on another website. Does anyone know where to get these kind of plaques or did they just put the granite on the plaque? If so, how would you attach the granite to the rosewood plaque? Another thing what would you use to color fill gold?

Stephen Beckham
08-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Dean,

I don't think that's granite - I belive that is a acrylic plaque that Airflyte sells. They also sell a glass and mirror plaque that is very similar.

Steve

Dean Barber
08-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Steve,

Below is what it says about the photo from that website. I am also attaching another photo that shows it looks like 1/4" material on top of the plaque. Just really have no idea as how you would attach that to a rosewood plaque.

Granite & RoseWood Piano Finish Plaque

<LI class=textblack>Highly polished Black Granite mounted to an elegant Rosewood Piano Finish plaque. These are truly high quality, high end gifts. Pictures don't come close to showing the true elegance of these pieces. We use only a premium Black Granite which has almost no grain resulting in highly detailed engraving (Click The Image To Enlarge). Each piece is permanently engraved and never fading with high durability. Select from a variety of options including text, fonts, borders, layouts, and easels all online.

Dean Barber
08-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Forgot the photo..

Stephen Beckham
08-23-2008, 9:03 AM
Well - that's got me baffled then... Sorry couldn't point you in the right direction...

Steve

David Takes
08-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I attach mirror, granite and marble to rosewood, high-gloss plaques all of the time. I use a combination of acrylic tape from JDS Industries and Clear Liquid Nail. I've never had one fail. I've had some out in the field for over 6 years.

You can get the wood part of the plaque from many different suppliers. JDS, The Source, Plastics Plus, Liberty, Marco, and the list goes on. The granite plaque portion can be acquired from www.lasersketch.com (http://www.lasersketch.com) .

Dean Barber
08-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Hey Guys thanks for the help...David do you know the item number or name of the tape?

David Takes
08-23-2008, 2:11 PM
Dean,

I use the Gold-Line Premium Tape - Tesa. It's on page 104 of the 2008 JDS catalog. I suspect by itself it would not have the long-term holding power to handle the weight of glass or granite. That's where the Clear Liquid Nails comes in.

Dean Barber
08-24-2008, 3:37 PM
Thanks David! I will try it.