PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunter Gift

Skip Weiser
08-22-2008, 1:53 PM
A good friend of mine is an avid turkey hunter. He's helping me build a roof over my deck, so I made this for him. It looks better than the photo, honest.

Anyone else doing toilet seat lids?

Skip

Phyllis Meyer
08-22-2008, 1:58 PM
Skip,

What a wonderful gift for your friend, he will love it! We also do toilet seats. Have a great weekend!

Phyllis:)

Belinda Barfield
08-22-2008, 2:03 PM
LOL . . . Steve Clarkson and I are still trying to find our "niche" market. We thought we found it the other day with engraved toilet seats and here you guys have already beat us to it! Darn Steve, what are we gonna' do now?

Seriously, nice gift. I really like it.

Ray Mighells
08-22-2008, 4:27 PM
That's a nice pattern. Woodcarving on toilet seats was popular around Seattle and Tacoma, WA 25 years ago, probably still is.

Mike Null
08-22-2008, 4:42 PM
Looks very good--especially on oak.

Have one that says "Wolverines". Of course I'm a Buckeye.

Steve Clarkson
08-22-2008, 4:52 PM
LOL . . . Steve Clarkson and I are still trying to find our "niche" market. We thought we found it the other day with engraved toilet seats and here you guys have already beat us to it! Darn Steve, what are we gonna' do now?

Seriously, nice gift. I really like it.

Greaaaaat...........well, I guess it's back to the drawing board for US!

Next thing you know, someone will start engraving pens or something silly like that!

George M. Perzel
08-22-2008, 5:05 PM
Hi Mike;
What a coincidence- small world. I have one that says "Buckeyes"- of course I'm a Nittany Lion!!Go JoePa- another 20 years!
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Frank Corker
08-22-2008, 6:56 PM
Skip, great 'job'. Then engraving turned out particularly well from what I can see. Did you engrave 'NOW PUT THIS LID DOWN' on the underneath for the ladies?

Steven Smith
08-22-2008, 7:43 PM
That gives me a great idea. I could engrave on the back side of the seat a reminder for my wife to put the seat back up when she's finished. Thanks!

sal shepherd
08-22-2008, 9:40 PM
great job, Skip I wish I could of thought of that eariler. I will trade you turkey picts. I think I might run with your idear, I have some great wildlife picts.
Sal Shepherd

Skip Weiser
08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I was going to put on the backside of the lid:

Please flush when done.
Dad, flush TWICE !

lol

Skip

Bill Cunningham
08-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Thats a nice Picture too.. Where did you find it?

Skip Weiser
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Thats a nice Picture too.. Where did you find it?

I was looking through some clipart CD's that I've had for years and discovered it. Anyone that would want it, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Skip

Johnny Kleso
08-24-2008, 12:47 AM
Turkey kind of looks like he ate something he shouldn't have and is on the bowel hehehe

Nick Napier
08-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Hi Skip, Nice job on the turkey on the lid. I would like that clipart if you don't mind. Did you do anything special to the lid? Or is it just a wood lid off the shelf.

woodworknick@yahoo.com Thanks. I have a variaty of clipart if you need anything.

Thanks....Nick

Skip Weiser
08-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks Nick. It's just an off the shelf oak seat from the local True Value hardware store. Here's a zip file that has that turkey and one other. They are .tif format. I guess I should have just posted these earlier.

All I did was open it in Photoshop and cropped it a little to make it square so it would fit the lid better, and saved it. Opened it in Photograv 3, resized it and used the cherry setting.

Skip

Randy Zyduck
08-29-2008, 1:42 PM
Hi Skip,
Been looking for a good turkey clip Care to Share? Engraveit@verizon.net
Thank you,
Randy Zyduck

Frank Corker
08-29-2008, 5:02 PM
Randy I think you will find it directly above your message where it says Turkey.zip