PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
08-22-2008, 8:02 AM
Friday August 22nd, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I trust everyone has had a great week and you're ready for some R&R this weekend.

Busy week doing everything except WW'ing related stuff. Weather has been just about picture perfect, other than yesterday and today. We are finally getting a wee bit of rain, but only enough to help a little bit.

I hope to get out to the shop and get some more done on the flag display case this weekend. It's been two weeks since I did anything on it. I also have to mill some more wood for another flag display case. Oh, yeah I still have to finish sawing the rest of the cedar logs. And then there's...........oh, heck there's just too many things to get done.

What are you up to this weekend? Fun, games, work!!

Whatever is on your agenda I hope you make the most of it.

As always, BE SAFE.

Karl

Lee Koepke
08-22-2008, 8:15 AM
Good Morning to all as well.

I HAVE to finish the staining of my bathroom wood work this weekend so I can show progress pictures !!!

I've got a sidetrip planned with wife on Saturday so I got a big day on Sunday !!!

alex grams
08-22-2008, 8:30 AM
Cooking club Saturday night. Brisket is finally on sale at 99cents a pound, so gonna buy about 60 lbs of meat so i am stocked for the smoker.

Finish the wall unit in the remodeled bathroom. Also have to cut the old mirror to a smaller size and make a frame for it, just have to figure out how I want to do that and mount it on the wall.

Caulk a lot of trim and crown moulding around the house...

clean up the garage (seems I am always doing that...)

Jim Becker
08-22-2008, 9:20 AM
Since I've been doing landscaping all week (being on vacation), the weekend will likely be consumed by lighter tasks, such as enjoying the company of friends and family. But the good news is that I'm getting closer to being able to get back in the shop and start on that list of projects I put in Matt's recent thread... :D

Lance Norris
08-22-2008, 11:07 AM
Cooking club Saturday night. Brisket is finally on sale at 99cents a pound, so gonna buy about 60 lbs of meat so i am stocked for the smoker.

Um... HUNGRY... Call me :D

Seriously, I am down to the last coats of finish on a civil war era table that I am refinishing for a friend, and I am also building a corner cabinet for another friend. Thankfully, the table project is nearing an end. I dont like refinishing.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-22-2008, 11:17 AM
I cut, drilled and glued up some more FPP pens last night. The local family is coming over for a premature birthday dinner tonight.

You want to party?

Starship is playing tonight at Lewiston's Hot August Nights. There has been a show and shine car show going on since yesterday. Tonight they fence off a city park....vendors move in...beer, pizza, softdrinks..burgers etc....Starship si tonight's entertainment.....

We have a wedding reception to attend tomorrow afternoon and

then .......

Tomorrow night Herman's Hermits......with Peter N. I'll be there!

I hope to get a donut chuck made for my PM this weekend. I have a different shaped NE bowl I want to finish and deliver to a friend. Turn some more FPP pens. My wife has cleared me to do what I want when I want.....turning wise.:D

Greg Cole
08-22-2008, 11:29 AM
clean up the garage (seems I am always doing that...)
HA, for once I got that done on a week night, reffering to the gar-errr shop that is... so I'll most likely make a mess of it over the weekend weather depending. Meaning if the weather holds out and it nice, I'll most likely finish staining the deck-railiing etc I built 'round 1/2 my round pool. The deck top is stained but the railing/privacy screen-fence needs to be stained still. Least I can spray that stuff.
If the weather doesn't hold out, I'll be working on one of the 2 beds that have been collecting dust n cobwebs in the shop all summer.

Cheers.

glenn bradley
08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Dad is coming up Sunday. He thinks it is to spend Father / Son time in the shop. Actually I am suckering him into helping me with all the tenons and cloud-lifts I have to mill on the nightstand aprons ;-)

alex grams
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
Greg,
I keep telling my wife it is pointless to keep cleaning things only to get them dirty again, but this philosophy doesn't go over so well when it comes to clothes/showering and shaving. Sometimes I think it would be nice to go back to living in a cave, but then again, sometimes thats what my shop feels like.

Hopefully this time next week I will have some finished pictures of the bathroom project, just ironing out the details now.

-Alex

Steven Shelby
08-22-2008, 3:03 PM
Morning Karl,

The camper will sit in the driveway for another weekend, meaning I will be doing a multitude of things around the Shelby Ranch that I should be doing when I am otherwise camping.

Near the top of the list will likely be an early morning date with my Shop Dog, Sierra the Mini-Aussie, to continue cleaning, organizing, and eventually running the rails and stiles of the last door of the dining room thingee through the router en route to becoming a fully assembled door. Afore mentioned Shop Dog and I have been known to sneak down stairs to the shop at the wee hours of a Saturday morning. Been awhile... it'll be fun!

Other than that, hanging around, working on my honey-do list, maybe some olympics on the tube (if there is anything left to watch worth while) and generally a "major chill weekend"

Enjoy, All!

Victor Stearns
08-24-2008, 8:43 PM
Greetings to all,
We spent Saturday moving the daughter back to PURDUE University. This is her second year. I have to say that the dorm is definitely a step up from last years, i.e. air conditioned! Well I thought that was over until this morning when she calls. "Got time for a couple of quick projects?" And "can you bring it down next weekend?" Stuff like a shelve for the closet, something to hold the alarm clock on the "lofted" bed frame, another shelve to go over the top of the printer, and something to support another drawer unit over an existing drawer unit. I will have to say that she learned well when working in the workshop and had exactly the dimensions and shape of the "projects". Great that she said "no finish required". So they are all done!
Then my LOML says remember the new shades for our bedroom, and bats her eyes! Ok dear.
Now I sit in front of the PC and look to see what everyone else has been up to and try to unwind.
Victor