PDA

View Full Version : OT Ken Frantz

Ken Frantz
05-03-2004, 9:59 PM
It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I inform you of the passing of Ken R. Frantz at 2:00 PM this afternoon in Ocala, FL. Dad always enjoyed this forum and the Badger Pond forum. All I can say is thanks to all of you for being a part of his life.

May God bless you and yours,

Phillip Lee Frantz

Greg Heppeard
05-03-2004, 10:06 PM
I'm sorry for your loss and will keep you and yours in my prayers.

Perry Schmidt
05-03-2004, 10:12 PM
Very sorry to hear about your Dad. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers.

Perry

Tony Falotico
05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
My heartfelt condolences to you and your family. We will certainly miss him at the creek. Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jim Becker
05-03-2004, 10:32 PM
I'm saddened to hear of your loss, but also glad to know that the online community that we are all part of brought happness to your dad. That gives real meaning to what we do together, including sharing the pain.

Ken Frantz
05-03-2004, 10:38 PM
My apologies for any misunderstandings. It is my father, Ken R. Frantz that passed away at 2:00 PM today. As said before, You all brought joy to his life and that means the world to Mom and I at this time.

God Bless you and yours,

Phillip Lee Frantz

John Miliunas
05-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Phillip, thanks much for taking the time for being so thoughtful at a time which must be extremely painful to you. My condolences go out to you and your family, as do my prayers. Ken will be missed, but his memory will live on.

Wes Bischel
05-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Phillip,
I'm really sorry for your loss, your dad will be missed by us as well. Please know that your family is in our hearts and prayers.

Thanks for letting us know.

Wes

Dennis Peacock
05-04-2004, 12:57 AM
Phillip,

Very sorry to here about your dad. I remember him from the old Badger Pond days and I too enjoyed his posts. I will pray for you and your family during this difficult time.

Lars Thomas
05-04-2004, 1:03 AM
The Thomas Family's thoughts and prayers are with you. I appreciate you taking the time to let his on-line friends know. I'm sure you know your father's contributions will be missed. Lars

David Rose
05-04-2004, 2:47 AM
Oh, Phillip! I'm so sorry to hear about Ken's passing and your loss. I wondered why he hadn't made it back to our area. I really enjoyed his visits. Ken reminded me so much of an uncle who is dear to me. I will surely miss him and his stories though our visits were short.

Lord bless you all.

David

Todd Burch
05-04-2004, 3:54 AM
Phillip, thanks for posting the notice. We'll surely miss Ken. Please tell your mom that if she ever needs any collective wisdom from this great bunch of woodworkers, don't hesitate to ask.

Todd Burch

Jason Roehl
05-04-2004, 8:27 AM
Philip, thanks for letting us know. His posts, wisdom and experience will certainly be missed here, but that pales in comparison to the loss of a blood relative. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, we hope that you find solace in your time of grief, and we hope that you are also able to celebrate with joy the life and memories you created together.

Sam Chambers
05-04-2004, 9:22 AM
Phillip:

Thanks for posting this very sad report. I'm sure it was difficult to write. You and your family will certainly be in our prayers.

Keith Starosta
05-04-2004, 9:33 AM
Philip, may God bless you and yours during this time. Thoughts and prayers are going out to you folks.

Keith

Ron McNeil
05-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Philip, I'm so sorry for your loss. May your dad rest in peace and he will be missed at the creek but not forgotten.

Daniel Rabinovitz
05-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Ken
It sadden me to hear of your father.
Kay and I send along our deepest condolences.
Daniel :'(

Dan Bussiere
05-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Phillip,
Your Dad was liked and respected here. He will be missed. Thank you for your effort to let us know during this time of sorrow.

Dan

Rusty Hughes, Indy
05-04-2004, 12:41 PM
The Hughes Family will be praying for the Frantz family. We are deeply sorry for your loss.

Scott Coffelt
05-04-2004, 1:58 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss of your father. He will always be remembered here at this place of friendship.

Jack Diemer
05-04-2004, 5:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Ken, I thought the best way to memorialize him was reposting something he wrote last year. Lets all continue "exercising our mind" in memory of Ken. ;)

Some Thoughts Off The Top Of My Head

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have worked in the cabinet/carpentry field for the last 35 years and have kinda gotten burned outon woodworking.

35 +- years ago I was in the telecomunication type of work and woodwork was my hobby and loved what little I did do which wasn't much.

Now that I have all the time to do woodwork (if only I could get the shop completed) my inclination is more to the design of building jigs, fixtures and tools etc to make woodworking "job" easier. or build something to save a few nickels and still have fun. I enjoy just sitting around thinking and drawing pic about how to do something easier as you can tell about the post I started here.

I like to see and read the input that the post has generated and I hope some more of the gang can come up with some of their ideas and thow out the "bone" to others to chew on and put their .02 cents worth in the ring.

Hey---if in the end it looks like the "project" is not feasable, so what!!!! The exersize of the mind is what really counts. And may be this exersize will spark an idea about another project or improve something that has already been done before. (I am collecting a page which I call "Quotes from the Sawmill") Here is one by Dave Anderson NH “Our only limitations are in our own mind.” and there is another one that I like but I have to use a quote that I use " I have a good memory, but it is short" cause I cain't remember were it tiz!!!!

Another quote that I have heard and it is simular to the one I am trying to remember from above ( this what little brother would call a left handed quote ie he is a lefty) "DO IT, EVEN IF IT IS WRONG"and when the right way will shows up, it will really shine.

Anyway lets keep the old noggen in tune and do some thinking about thus design stuff---I don't think it will hurt!!!!!!!!! HI HI HI

JUST KEN RUMBLING IN THE RAMBLE SEAT OR IS IT
RAMBLING IN THE RUMBLE SEAT OF LIFE.

PS: CAUSION (SP?): Spell check and grammer check was not use on this post!!!!!!!!!! I had one Prof in college say if I can understand what you are saying (writing), you doing OK.

Ken Frantz aka

Ken Frantz
05-04-2004, 6:32 PM
Hello to all on the Sawmill Creek forum,

Your messages of love and support brings great comfort to Mom and I at this time. We will likely be asking for help in the future. Dad and I were only about 3 sections away from completing the steel shell of the workshop. The workshop was also going to be a "Ham" shack/ electronics hobby shop. Dad and I worked together occasionally on woodworking but worked together very closely since He and I took classes and tests to get our amateur radio licenses. The "Ham" licenses for us came about in 1997 and two years later Mom joined us with her "Ham" license. We all are members of the Silver Springs Radio Club in Ocala and provide emergency communications.

My thoughts of what else to say escaped me just now so I'll sign clear.

God bless you and yours,

"This is KF4QIC Clear"

Byron Trantham
05-04-2004, 8:19 PM
Philip,
Condolences from our family to yours.

Dan McLaughlin
05-04-2004, 8:30 PM
Our condolences and prayers to your family.

From ex WB2NCZ

Tim Morton
05-04-2004, 8:35 PM
Looking at the profile Your dad was only 63 years old, thats too young. I lost my Mom when she was only 58...its alot to deal with. Take care of yourself though this loss....it can get real hard at times, but you will find your Dad with you at the stangest times and will learn to appreciate those times, and look foward to them.

Terry Hatfield
05-05-2004, 1:18 AM
Phillip,

I am so sorry for your loss. Ken was a good man and a good friend. I will truly miss him as will anyone that had the pleasure of knowing him.

Terry

Keith Outten
05-05-2004, 7:34 AM
My condolences go out to you and your family, as do my prayers.

Richard Gillespie
05-05-2004, 9:52 AM
Philip, may God bless and time heal. I hope you and your family can take the time to sit down and share the love your father has left behind.

Bill Grumbine
05-05-2004, 9:56 AM
Philip, thank you for taking time to inform us of your father's passing. I know this must be a very painful time for all of you. We will remember your family in our prayers.

Bill