PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Data from Palm device?

Hal Peeler
08-21-2008, 9:39 AM
How do you delete data from a palm device without Hot Syncing to the computer. I have replaced mine and the updated version of the desktop will not let me sync my old device and I need to clear it out to get rid of it. Thanks
Hal

Jim Becker
08-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Try a hard reset...'should be in the manual somewhere...but it's been a few years since I used a Palm.

Lee Schierer
08-21-2008, 1:54 PM
Usually there is a small button inside the back cover to reset the device. Failing that remove the battery and reboot. On the Treo 700WX there is also a file explorer in the programs menu that will let you get to most files. You may also be able to access these through the USB cable, but I've never used mine.

Lee DeRaud
08-21-2008, 2:54 PM
Usually there is a small button inside the back cover to reset the device.On all the Palms I've had, the reset "button" is a hole on the back: the stylus unscrews to give you a pin the right size to get at it.

Lee Schierer
08-21-2008, 3:57 PM
On all the Palms I've had, the reset "button" is a hole on the back: the stylus unscrews to give you a pin the right size to get at it.No screw on parts on the new stylus (or should that be Stylii?) The nylon tip fits the hole for the reset just fine.

Hal Peeler
08-22-2008, 7:20 AM
Thanks guys, the hard reset did it.