PDA

View Full Version : SEC Football

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 8:49 AM
Okay Lee, Gary, Nancy, and all you other SEC fans (particularly Dawg fans since I'll probably need a little help here). . .

Gimme' your best shot. Break out all your jokes, your memories of games where you kicked us in our doggie haunches, memories of your best times at an SEC game, etc. 11 days and counting to opening day!

Georgia-Florida games aside, one of my fondest memories of a Georgia game doesn't really involve the game. In the early 80s I loaded up with four friends one Friday afternoon and we headed up to Athens for a game. We stayed in a cabin at a nearby state park where a friend's uncle was the park ranger. Bright and early Saturday morning the uncle knocked on our door and told us to come over the his house for breakfast. We were less than enthusiastic to say the least, but got up, got dressed for the game, and walked over the ranger's cabin. We walked into the kitchen and before us was a a spread you wouldn't believe . . . the best french toast I've ever had, bacon, ham, omelets, homemade biscuits. . . it was wonderful. His wife must have been up hours cooking all that food. What I remember most though was the sense of welcome, sitting around their big table and feeling like family. All games days are glorious, but that one somehow seemed moreso, the sky was a little bluer, the leaves a little more golden, the air with just a bit more tang of excitement. I don't remember who we played that game, but it was a good day.

Jerome Hanby
08-19-2008, 9:13 AM
You asked for it....

What's the difference between an Auburn home coming queen and a scarecrow?

One stands in a field and scares away birds, the other is made of straw.

Roll Tide Roll!

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 9:17 AM
Okay folks, Bama is accounted for and is already abusing those poor War Eagles. :p

I think this sums it up pretty well

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=652639#post652639

Jerome Hanby
08-19-2008, 9:46 AM
Lets not leave out the Vols, I goggled this one, didn't have a Vol joke on tap.

Q: Why do Tennessee fans wear orange all weekend?
A: Because they can wear it huntin' on Friday, to Neyland Stadium on Saturday, and to pick up trash by the side of the road on Sunday.

Wright Woodall
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Hmmmm.... Biggest SEC joke I can think of???

How bout this...

You're paying him how much???? For what???

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

Kevin Arceneaux
08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
I prefer the Big Ten, but that is ok, I live DEEP in the evil SEC.

Talk about deep behind enemy line, I kept telling my crew here in Hawaii that they had not seen speed until they played a SEC team. They thought Hawaii actually had a chance against Georgia. I can't wait until they open against Florida.

Saban has never seen the sky - he is too busy looking for pennies on the ground.

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
I live DEEP in the evil SEC.

Talk about deep behind enemy line, I kept telling my crew here in Hawaii that they had not seen speed until they played a SEC team. They thought Hawaii actually had a chance against Georgia. I can't wait until they open against Florida.

I was waiting for you to weigh in Kevin. How dare you call the SEC evil?:eek: Them's fightin' words! I will say this though, them Hawaya boys was big!! Oh, and let me make sure I completely understand . . . are you sayin' a gator can outrun a DAWG?

Kevin Arceneaux
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Yep, I heard a rumor that they wanted to add the SEC to the axis of evil. They had a Georgia grad working on it, but he kept breaking the crayon. Is it true that Uga beat out the cheerleaders in a beauty contest?

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Wright,

You might want to change that to War Darn Eagle. I know it doesn't pack the same punch but that other word isn't acceptable per the TOS and the Mods are likely to axe it. Not trying to tell a feisty Eagle what to do, just a suggestion.:)

Wright Woodall
08-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Wright,

You might want to change that to War Darn Eagle. I know it doesn't pack the same punch but that other word isn't acceptable per the TOS and the Mods are likely to axe it. Not trying to tell a feisty Eagle what to do, just a suggestion.:)

OOPS... let that one slip.

Getting a little excited about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Brenda. I fixed it.

Wright

Don Carter
08-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Mississippi State DAWGS that is...
I just hope Sly can pull another season out like last year. I enjoyed going bowling even if it was just to Memphis.
I think I'm going to eat some fried chicken out of the back of my Tahoe in garage just to get in some tailgating practice...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-19-2008, 1:12 PM
Hey Peacock.......Get the hose.....I think we may have to break this one up....:rolleyes:

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 1:51 PM
Mississippi State DAWGS that is...
I just hope Sly can pull another season out like last year. I enjoyed going bowling even if it was just to Memphis.
I think I'm going to eat some fried chicken out of the back of my Tahoe in garage just to get in some tailgating practice...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Tailgatin' practice . . . you just can't get enough in before season.

Hey Peacock.......Get the hose.....I think we may have to break this one up....:rolleyes:

Ken, I promise I'll try to keep it under control. Afterall, the SEC is made up of southerners and you know how polite we are. We just say things like, "Well, he had to go to Florida, bless his heart!" or "You know she was a cheerleader for Vanderbilt, bless her heart." Unless you were raised in the south you don't realize the phrase "bless his/her heart" is the sincerest form of pity one can express. ;)

Gentlemen, and hopefully some ladies soon, let's not make the Mods work too hard. :)

Kevin Arceneaux
08-19-2008, 1:54 PM
Belinda, what is the difference between UGA and a nursery school?

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 2:02 PM
Yep, I heard a rumor that they wanted to add the SEC to the axis of evil. They had a Georgia grad working on it, but he kept breaking the crayon. Is it true that Uga beat out the cheerleaders in a beauty contest?

That can't be true 'cause everybody knows you get two crayons when you enroll. UGA is beautiful, but you have the story a little wrong. He beat the CLEMSON cheeleaders in a beauty contest. :p

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 2:02 PM
Belinda, what is the difference between UGA and a nursery school?

I give up Kevin, what is the difference (how bad is this gonna hurt!!)?

Kevin Arceneaux
08-19-2008, 2:09 PM
If you don't know the difference, how would I?

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 2:18 PM
Now see Kevin, I didn't know you wanted a real answer. I just thought you wanted one that someone from Louisiana could understand. :rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
08-19-2008, 2:29 PM
Belinda,

Well bless your heart! I was just funnin' ya!

Have the folks in the SEC ever heard of a football team from Boise State?
:eek:

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 2:44 PM
Belinda,

Well bless your heart! I was just funnin' ya!

Have the folks in the SEC ever heard of a football team from Boise State?
:eek:

You're a quick learner Ken! Are you sure you didn't go to Georgia?;)

Boise State, aren't those the guys that play on that hideously, blindingly blue field? And those uniforms . . . why I guess they just don't know any better. ;)

Justin Leiwig
08-19-2008, 3:22 PM
Here's my favorite SEC joke!

UGA is ranked #1.

LOL......hahahahaha...too funny!

Belinda Barfield
08-19-2008, 3:30 PM
Here's my favorite SEC joke!

UGA is ranked #1.

LOL......hahahahaha...too funny!

I'm glad you're getting lots of laughs off that. I hope you shed just as many tears at the end of the season when we're STILL #1. :p

Jason Roehl
08-19-2008, 8:16 PM
SEC...the best football teams money can buy... ;)

Gary Herrmann
08-19-2008, 9:36 PM
You moderators have nothing to worry about. SEC grads get ornery, but its all in the family. 'Course, Gators are the leaders of the family.

One of my favorite memories was maybe 10 years ago when Gonzaga beat the Gators in the NCAA tourney. We had tickets for the weekend here in STL.

Being a Gator, I wore the flag even though we had lost in the previous round. Had a bunch of mid westerners hooting at me.

A large KY Wildcat family came walking by to their seats. Each and every one - from Grandma to the kids stopped and told me they were sorry to see the Gators out of it. That in a nutshell, sums up southerners in my experience.

One of my least favorite memories is Herschel Walker hurdling over defenders standing straight up to get into the endzone.

Or maybe when Memphis State beat us in the homecoming game. Unfortunately, I had brought my darling bride to the game. Who happens to be a Tiger. I was in grad school at the time at UCF and was sitting with a bunch of friends. I swear I was worried they were going to pass her up.

If you've ever been to the Swamp, you know what I'm talking about.

In my family, we have Memphis Tigers, LSU Tigers, Georgia Dawgs, MS St Bulldogs, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets, TN Vols and, of course, The GATORS. There is a whole lot of woofin' goin' on at any given moment.

In my family, my wife and I are considered to have mixed marriage.

Go Gators

Lee Koepke
08-19-2008, 10:11 PM
Well, Belinda ... I have had MANY great memories. I have ( and still have ) season tickets to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, in the best venue of all...

I went to the 1996 National Championship game, and that is one of the top memories of them all.

I was at the 2007 Final Four here in ATL, its one thing to be at a Final Four, its another to see YOUR team win.

Beating georgia for an entire generation is special.

I wouldnt trade Saturday afternoons with 92,000 of my closest friends for darn near anything:cool:

Oh, two or three years ago, we rented a house for the weekend in the St Simons vicinity for Florida-ga weekend .... I think we were the ONLY Orange and Blue on the island. We went to a primarily bulldog bar after the game, and the bouncers said 'damn you guys have guts .. are you sure you want to go in there?" ... we had a great time. always watching our back, but alot of fun nonetheless ... they respect the courage if nothing else:D

Kevin Arceneaux
08-19-2008, 10:22 PM
I remember Herschel Walker also. He got it handed to him by Penn State. Penn State just loves to play Heisman winners.

Ben West
08-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Another big "Go Dawgs" here too...of the maroon variety!

Belinda Barfield
08-20-2008, 9:19 AM
If you've ever been to the Swamp, you know what I'm talking about.

In my family, my wife and I are considered to have mixed marriage.

Go Gators

I've been to the Swamp, it's not a good place to be a Dawg, but it's always fun.

LOL . . . I'm friends with two couples who have mixed marriages as well (that's how they refer to them also). One, a Clemson guy and a Georgia girl, the other a Gator and a lovely lady from New Zealand who just doesn't get the whole college football thing.

Belinda Barfield
08-20-2008, 9:30 AM
I wouldnt trade Saturday afternoons with 92,000 of my closest friends for darn near anything:cool:

Oh, two or three years ago, we rented a house for the weekend in the St Simons vicinity for Florida-ga weekend .... I think we were the ONLY Orange and Blue on the island. We went to a primarily bulldog bar after the game, and the bouncers said 'damn you guys have guts .. are you sure you want to go in there?" ... we had a great time. always watching our back, but alot of fun nonetheless ... they respect the courage if nothing else:D

You're right about those Saturday afternoons. Isn't there just something special about being in the stadium. I swear you feel the excitement in the air in Athens.

You know, it wasn't losing to the Gators that I minded to much . . . it was losing to Spurrier. I just can't like him. Heck of a coach, heck of a jerk.

St. Simons is the place to party before the game. The whole is one big red and black cocktail bash, and yeah some orange and blue. It wasn't that they respected the courage, we just consider it rude to whip up on those who don't have enough sense not to walk into the Dawg House wearing a T-bone around their neck. ;):rolleyes:

Gary Herrmann
08-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Well, Belinda ... I have had MANY great memories. I have ( and still have ) season tickets to Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, in the best venue of all...

Season tickets. Oh man...

I think I need to visit my ex-roommate who still lives in Gainesville.

James G. Jones
08-21-2008, 12:47 AM
I so agree with the post about laughing yourself off the couch at the demise of teams north of the Mason - Dixon. They just don't get it. Football in the south is so much more than a sport. It's a passion that cannot be explained, only experienced. However, with that being said, if you want REAL passion for football - come to Texas. My son's 6 year old flag team had the opposition's scouts at their practices.

Hook Em Horns

James

Belinda Barfield
08-21-2008, 8:27 AM
I so agree with the post about laughing yourself off the couch at the demise of teams north of the Mason - Dixon. They just don't get it. Football in the south is so much more than a sport. It's a passion that cannot be explained, only experienced. However, with that being said, if you want REAL passion for football - come to Texas. My son's 6 year old flag team had the opposition's scouts at their practices.

Hook Em Horns

James

I've always heard that you Texans have a real passion about college football. Y'all do start scoutin' a little early, don't you!

I really miss Larry Munson, the voice of the Dawgs, calling all of the games. He's only doing home games now. No matter where fans gather to watch a GA game, the TV volume is off and the radio broadcast is on.

Belinda Barfield
08-21-2008, 9:50 AM
Those of you who follow the SEC know that several of GA's players were suspended a couple of weeks ago. We're ranking right up there with the FSU Crimanoles in arrests. :mad:

I just finished the Sports section of today's paper and lo and behold, Georgia Southern (our opponent in the season opener) has suspended EIGHT players for "unspecified violations of institutional rules". No specifics and all the coach would say is that the offenses took place between the end of spring practice and the beginning of preseason camp.

You'd think kids getting a free ride, with perks, could at least keep their noses clean for four or five years!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-21-2008, 9:53 AM
You'd think kids getting a free ride, with perks, could at least keep their noses clean for four or five years!

Well bless your heat, aren't you talking about attending "Party 101" for 4 years here?

Belinda Barfield
08-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Well bless your heat, aren't you talking about attending "Party 101" for 4 years here?

Yes Ken, I suppose I am . . . and I guess that is really true for all of the schools. There are players that are exceptions to that rule, but by and large a lot of them aren't. Partying is one thing, but committing crime is something else entirely and I guess I'm living in a dream world where some of these guys would be grateful for the opportunities they have.

James G. Jones
08-22-2008, 2:33 AM
Belinda, I know an exception to these examples. My niece is dating a starting quarterback. He's technically a Junior as far as eligibility is concerned (red-shirted his freshman yr). As far as education is concerned, he has graduated with his Bachelor's and is working on his Master's in Int'l Finance. A good young man from my point of view. (He'd better be, or my sweet little southern belle niece would tear him apart):D

James

Lee Koepke
08-22-2008, 8:04 AM
Belinda, I know an exception to these examples. My niece is dating a starting quarterback. He's technically a Junior as far as eligibility is concerned (red-shirted his freshman yr). As far as education is concerned, he has graduated with his Bachelor's and is working on his Master's in Int'l Finance. A good young man from my point of view. (He'd better be, or my sweet little southern belle niece would tear him apart):D

James
Its a shame that the media gives the publicity to the guys that break laws rather than stories like yours.

I had a real good friend in high school ... scholly to Syracuse as a DB, redshirted one year, graduated in 5 with a Masters ... drafted in the 4th round, played 5-7 years in NFL, now ( was ?? ) a strength coach with a couple of Super Bowl rings ... still as nice a guy as he was when I hung out with him.

Belinda Barfield
08-22-2008, 8:33 AM

James

Thanks for sharing a story about one of the exceptions. It's amazing how ferocious a riled up souther belle can be, isn't it?:D

Its a shame that the media gives the publicity to the guys that break laws rather than stories like yours.

I had a real good friend in high school ... scholly to Syracuse as a DB, redshirted one year, graduated in 5 with a Masters ... drafted in the 4th round, played 5-7 years in NFL, now ( was ?? ) a strength coach with a couple of Super Bowl rings ... still as nice a guy as he was when I hung out with him.

Agreed, Lee. I wish the paper would pick one of the good guys for each game day and run a story about him that day.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-22-2008, 10:46 AM
99% are good guys. I lived in West Halls when I went to Penn State. That was were the jocks lived on campus. I also had classes with a few and they were really nice guys. They actually were working towards degrees and most had them. The other 1% thought they walked on water and all should bow to them. Most of the good guys did not like them that much either. Back then JoePa would run a small truck over them to remind them that they were not god.

Neal Clayton
08-25-2008, 1:43 PM
yeah but the joepa's of the world are becoming fewer and fewer.

it's all sunshine and roses here in arkansas for now, frank broyles is finally gone, houston nutt will be coaching the last place team in the conference at ole miss, and everyone seems to like the new AD, but the jury is out on the coach still.

casey dick had trouble not screwing up games that darren mcfadden could win by himself, i don't know how he's gonna fare with a run and shoot offense to manage.

either way, the toughest conference in college football is getting tougher. i think there are 7 legitimate top 25 teams this year, and depending on how miss st. and spurrier do, maybe 8. that and kentucky and vanderbilt are slowly but surely getting better. don't forget about miss st. people, they have the former guru of NFL running back coaches there and they'll be good and getting better in the coming years.

i think we'll see 10 ranked teams in the SEC in the coming years at at least one point in time.

and i sure am glad the luckeyes are going to take a beating at USC early this year so we don't have to listen to ESPN tell us how great they are for the whole season again.

Belinda Barfield
08-25-2008, 2:24 PM
and i sure am glad the luckeyes are going to take a beating at USC early this year so we don't have to listen to ESPN tell us how great they are for the whole season again.

That would be sweet, wouldn't it?:D What in the world would the ESPN "common taters" talk about then?

Justin Leiwig
08-26-2008, 7:52 AM

The only thing I ever saw was ESPN dissing the Buckeyes all year. I guess it's all in how your selective hearing works.

Kevin Arceneaux
08-28-2008, 2:38 PM
Now this is a real mascot

http://www.flickr.com/photos/takinglotsofpictures/sets/72157606753337682/show/

Belinda Barfield
08-28-2008, 3:06 PM
Now this is a real mascot

I don't know Kevin, looks like just another one of spoiled party animals to me. :rolleyes:

Casey Gooding
08-28-2008, 6:45 PM
Two words.
GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kevin Arceneaux
08-28-2008, 7:25 PM
Two words.
GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, tasty when barbecued.

Neal Clayton
08-28-2008, 8:21 PM

same thing happened in new orleans last year, they interviewed some OSU fans on the local news who basically admitted that they didn't give OSU much of a chance playing LSU in what amounted to a home game for the national championship, but they said the LSU fans would pick on them for a few minutes and then ask "ok where are you folks gonna go eat, wanna come with us?". and eat they did, with at least a half dozen other groups of LSU fans at various restaurants and a couple of backyard cookouts, which, needless to say, are a bit better in new orleans than they are in cleveland ;).

they said it was the best trip to lose a bowl game that they ever had.

Lee Koepke
08-28-2008, 8:30 PM
Yep, tasty when barbecued.
it has begun!

.......ummm south carolina looks a bit rusty rright now

Belinda Barfield
08-30-2008, 8:57 AM
It's here! It's here! Game day! :D:D:D

Neal Clayton
08-30-2008, 5:55 PM
and they were games for about 10 minutes. LSU, UGA, USC, OSU, and Florida were as good as they were supposed to be. VT is the new Michigan, until Michigan finishes losing to Utah ;).

looking forward to clemson/alabama.

Belinda Barfield
09-10-2008, 5:00 PM
Okay, so maybe this isn't the best play ever, but that's darn good dawg right there! :D

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=848305

Bob Rufener
09-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Since our daughter attended the U of Arkansas, I guess I'm a transplanted SEC HOG fan. Where else do you have a "piggy" for a mascot and a former Nutt for a coach. I guess my avatar tells you my true allegiance. Just subscribed to the BTN (Bit Ten Network) so I can catch the games.

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Since our daughter attended the U of Arkansas, I guess I'm a transplanted SEC HOG fan. Where else do you have a "piggy" for a mascot and a former Nutt for a coach. I guess my avatar tells you my true allegiance. Just subscribed to the BTN (Bit Ten Network) so I can catch the games.

Bob, I'm happy to have you as an honorary member of the SEC fan base. :)

Kevin Arceneaux
09-11-2008, 2:47 PM

Yes, but Penn State kept the Suhey brothers. :)

Belinda Barfield
09-11-2008, 2:52 PM
Yes, but Penn State kept the Suhey brothers. :)

Now they should definitely play for the Razorbacks!

Belinda Barfield
09-13-2008, 4:12 PM
Got stuck at work and thought I was going to miss today's game. :( Then I discovered that I can watch it online at CBSSports.com. This is so cool!!! Now I won't miss seeing the Dawgs beatin' up on the Gamecocks! :cool:

Belinda Barfield
09-17-2008, 8:48 AM
Any PAC 10 fans out there? We're up against Arizona State this week.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-17-2008, 10:54 AM
After USC, there is not a lot left in the Pac-10. ASU was upset last weekend and so may be a bit mad.

Belinda Barfield
09-17-2008, 11:02 AM
After USC, there is not a lot left in the Pac-10. ASU was upset last weekend and so may be a bit mad.

Yes, they may be, and if Georgia doesn't actually start playing some football we may take a whuppin'. Play has been sloppy to say the least. This is our last "easy" game before the big ones that count. I swear I just want to take a rolled up newspaper to some doggie behinds right about now!

Neal Clayton
09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
after what USC did to OSU i think they are deserving of #1. georgia has the talent but needs to stop slacking.

Belinda Barfield
09-18-2008, 8:41 AM
georgia has the talent but needs to stop slacking.

You hit the nail on the head Neal!!

Gary Herrmann
09-18-2008, 8:53 AM
The Gators travel to Knoxville this weekend. I am hoping my bride will be very disappointed with the results. Guess thats what I get for marrying a Vol.

Go Gators

Belinda Barfield
09-18-2008, 9:26 AM
The Gators travel to Knoxville this weekend. I am hoping my bride will be very disappointed with the results. Guess thats what I get for marrying a Vol.

Go Gators

That should be a great game, and I'll be watching in hopes that your wife is very happy with the results!

I don't suppose there is a way you could both be disappointed. That would be the best! :D (Not that I want you to be disappointed, I just want both teams to lose!)

Neal Clayton
09-18-2008, 5:07 PM
i would be fearful of tennessee, despite their upset in week 1 they have 3 solid running backs. if you aren't prepared to play D up front they will run over you, imo.

Gary Herrmann
09-21-2008, 8:04 PM
My darling bride was quiet during the game. Admittedly, I was surprised about the score. The Vols just seemed to implode. 'Course I don't feel too bad about it. :rolleyes:

Go Gators.

Belinda Barfield
09-22-2008, 7:52 AM
My darling bride was quiet during the game. Admittedly, I was surprised about the score. The Vols just seemed to implode. 'Course I don't feel too bad about it. :rolleyes:

Go Gators.

Florida played well, as they always do. The Vols really seemed to lack heart. It was sort of painful to watch, as was the LSU/Auburn game. At least the Dawgs won, but with Bama riding the wave from their crushing of Arkansas they will be a tough opponent for next week. GO DAWGS!!!

Ben Davis
09-22-2008, 8:05 AM
ESPN commentary yesterday said "the game was over when:" and then proceeded to show the punt return for a TD with oogles of time left IN THE FIRST QUARTER.

My best memories are fraternity BBQs held at the house right across from the stadium on game days. Just loads of good food and fun.

Go Gators!

Ben Davis
09-22-2008, 8:19 AM
And how about those Dawgs Belinda?!? Great showing in AZ this week.

Belinda Barfield
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
And how about those Dawgs Belinda?!? Great showing in AZ this week.

It was a good showing Ben. Much better than previous games. Arizona's QB was much better than I expected. Stafford is still throwing a little long - particularly early in the game - but seems to be settling in. He'd better be with 'Bama next week, then Tennssee. I don't think we'll face the same Vols that the Gators played. I'm guessing Fulmer will have them whipped into a little better shape by them. Then, of course, those Gators aren't far behind. Will this be the year? Dawgs say YES!!!

Dusty Fuller
09-23-2008, 10:01 AM
I love some SEC football. Whoever comes out of that conference alive will be lucky. Hopefully they'll be red and black, but if not I'll take any of the others over a team from another conference!

Belinda Barfield
09-23-2008, 10:57 AM
I love some SEC football. Whoever comes out of that conference alive will be lucky. Hopefully they'll be red and black, but if not I'll take any of the others over a team from another conference!

Watch your back Dusty, you've got a Gator over there in your neck of the woods! Maybe you and Lee Koepke can watch the GA/FLA game together. :eek:

I watched the game Saturday night with an AUBURN fan!:eek: Well actually, we were watching both Georgia and Auburn play. I let him sit at my table but I didn't buy him a beer. You gotta' draw the line somewhere! :D He's actually a really good friend and I don't hold his team alleigance against him. He's from Alabama afterall so he just don't know no better. ;) (Yes critics, I realize I just broke all of the grammar rules.)

Ben Davis
09-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Argh... I'm so glad LSU squeeked out the win over Auburn.

I'm 100% behind you Dusty. Any SEC team in a bowl game gets my cheer... maybe not Tennessee, but I haven't had to worry about that too much lately.

Zack Hudgens
09-23-2008, 4:05 PM
:cool:
http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics11/400/JN/JNGVQTFQOEPUMED.20080804215949.jpg

Belinda Barfield
09-23-2008, 4:24 PM
Welcome Zack! I take it you are a Razorbacks fan. It's mighty brave of you to make such a statement with your first post. ;):D

Thanks for joining in!

Gary Herrmann
09-23-2008, 11:47 PM
(Yes critics, I realize I just broke all of the grammar rules.)

We ain't got no need fer no grammar in no football nohow

Go Gators

Ben Davis
09-24-2008, 10:30 AM
We ain't got no need fer no grammar in no football nohow

Go Gators
You must have been in Alachua county too long!

Neal Clayton
09-24-2008, 4:50 PM
that reminds me, i don't know if any of you saw this, ESPN did a short documentary a few months back on this small town down in the swamp that's produced a ton of NFL players. for those not familiar with football, kids from florida and schools from florida are known for speed. as in you watch the old games between florida state and miami against other schools and it doesn't even look fair. they appear to be twice as fast as the opposing teams on camera, and in many cases they were that much faster.

the secret? the local farmers pay the kids 2-3 dollars per rabbit that they catch out of the cane fields. and the kids chase them down on foot, catching them by hand, through tractor ruts and rocks and everything.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?categoryId=null&brand=null&videoId=3284688&n8pe6c=2

I would say that a kid who lives on the beach might be able to swim better than a kid who grew up in the country. And it stands to reason that a kid who chases rabbits might be faster than a kid who don't chase rabbits

yeah bobby, i'm sure that 'might' be the case and you never gave it much thought, either that or you've been recruiting out of there for 30 years and tried to keep it a secret all this time, one or the other.;)

Belinda Barfield
09-25-2008, 8:39 AM
Pretty interesting Neal, but I sure feel sorry for the rabbits.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-25-2008, 8:51 PM
I am afraid I must go with the Tide this weekend. After last weekend, I don't think the Puppy's will hang on. This is extremely painful as I really dislike Saban.

Belinda Barfield
09-26-2008, 7:59 AM
I am afraid I must go with the Tide this weekend. After last weekend, I don't think the Puppy's will hang on. This is extremely painful as I really dislike Saban.

You go right ahead Kevin. The Dawgs ain't givin' up without a fight! Hopefully your decision will cause more pain than anticipated. ;)

Kevin Arceneaux
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
It really does not matter to me. As long as we beat Illinois, we move up. And with SC losing last night to a team we whipped...............

Kevin Arceneaux
09-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Sorry Belinda. I figured that Bama was going to beat Georgia, but not give them an old fashioned butt whipping.

All I can say is:

WE

ARE

PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belinda Barfield
09-28-2008, 7:59 AM
Sorry Belinda. I figured that Bama was going to beat Georgia, but not give them an old fashioned butt whipping.

It's okay Kevin. I can live with the loss. Bama put an outstanding team on the field and they just outplayed us. At least it wasn't the slaughter that it started out to be in the first half.

Ken Fitzgerald
09-28-2008, 11:01 AM
I just flew into Seattle with WSU Cougar fans and Oregon Duck fans. The Cougar fans were really quiet. The flight attendant was a WSU graduate and she told the Duck fans to mind their manners as she normally made Ducks fly outside the plane!:D

Ben Davis
10-01-2008, 9:45 PM
Well it's Wednesday night and I'm still not over the loss to Ole Miss. ARGH! So many mistakes!!!

Belinda Barfield
11-03-2008, 3:48 PM
I'd just like take a moment to thank all you Gators for not pouring salt into my open wound. Although I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in you. I did expect some good natured ribbing over such a severe thrashing. Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot. ;)

Jerome Hanby
11-03-2008, 5:15 PM
Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot. ;)

Do they wear shoes in GA?

I know they don't in AL, because with what we're kicking we don't want to get our shoes all messy:D

Ken Fitzgerald
11-03-2008, 6:08 PM
I'd just like take a moment to thank all you Gators for not pouring salt into my open wound. Although I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed in you. I did expect some good natured ribbing over such a severe thrashing. Oh well, there's always next year, and don't think I'll be nearly as merciful when the shoe's on the other foot. ;)

What's up Belinda....Are you into verbal abuse? :confused: Or are you disappointed they let their team beat your favorite team?:confused::confused::rolleyes:

Ben Davis
11-03-2008, 9:57 PM
No sense in rubbing anything in. Look at how Florida played against Ole Miss in September! We all have our days. I'm always hoping a Florida-Georgia weekend will be one for the ages with good (close) football games.

Belinda Barfield
11-04-2008, 8:07 AM
What's up Belinda....Are you into verbal abuse? :confused: Or are you disappointed they let their team beat your favorite team?:confused::confused::rolleyes:

No, no verbal abuse intended. All in jest. I just really expected the more devoted Gator fans to really give me heck about the beating we took. All in fun. I'm really disappointed that my favorite team let themselves get beat.

No sense in rubbing anything in. Look at how Florida played against Ole Miss in September! We all have our days. I'm always hoping a Florida-Georgia weekend will be one for the ages with good (close) football games.

You know Ben, I was hoping that September Florida team would show up on Saturday, but sadly for me the great team showed up instead. ;) Georgia-Florida weekend is always a good one, and I'm with you - a close game is always better.

Belinda Barfield
11-04-2008, 8:08 AM
Do they wear shoes in GA?

I know they don't in AL, because with what we're kicking we don't want to get our shoes all messy:D

Yeah Jerome, we're wearing our shoes this season. We're not too worried about getting them messy since the only thing we're kicking is ourselves! :o

You guys, on the other hand, are having an outstanding year that is long overdue. Roll Tide!!!