PDA

View Full Version : How to in corel

Don Necaise
08-18-2008, 9:33 PM
I am trying to cut out a figure out of wood and i want a outline of the figure engraved .125 inside the cut out all away aroun the figure .If anyone can understand what i am talking about any help would be appreciated.

Dave Marshall
08-18-2008, 10:01 PM
menu selection Effects/Contour select the Inside bullet and then type in the offset (0.125") and type in the number of steps that you'd like (1, in your case).

Richard Rumancik
08-19-2008, 1:25 PM
Is the inside "engraving" to be rastered or vectored?

First make sure your outline is a closed curve. Then select the outline, use the Interactive Contour tool, and set the needed contour offset. (If you hover you will see what the buttons do.) Then select inside offset. Now you will probably need to Arrange ->break contour group apart so you can edit them separately. If vectors, you want the inside one a different color. If rastering, set the line width and color fill as needed to set the lasering parameters.

In some cases I use multiple vector lines closely spaced (.0025") to make a wider border line as it is sometimes faster than rastering. Depends on what else is on the part.