PDA

View Full Version : New Helper

Pete Jordan
08-18-2008, 9:13 PM
Robert Hainstock left town so I needed a new helper. Alexander volunteered and had a ball. He says we need to do more tomorrow.

Thomas Canfield
08-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Pete,

It looks like Alexander is really doing you some good work. I am impressed with your platform to elevate him to proper working height (I have 2 granddaughters coming tomorrow and have to do something similar). Looks like a lot of curls around the shop and chips on the floor.

What is the light you have? It looks like a dentist light fixture. Also, where did you get your tailstock swing and are you happy with it? Thanks- Tom

Steve Schlumpf
08-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Great photos Pete! Nothing better than creating memories! Now, when he goes back to school and they ask 'What did you do on your summer vacation?', he'll have a great show & tell! Makes you proud doesn't it?!

Leo Van Der Loo
08-19-2008, 2:00 AM
Hi Pete, sure shows you don't have to be a 250 pound weakling to use a Oneway bowlsaver :eek: :D
And yes it's nice to have the grandkids around, isn't, I sure enjoy them, though they are still a little smaller and younger than your helper, brings a smile to my face, thanks.

robert hainstock
08-19-2008, 5:53 PM
Looks like he was more useful than I Pete. Gooood recruiting.
Thanks again fot the tour and the "stuff". :D:D:D
Bob

Greg Earley
08-19-2008, 7:47 PM
Hi Pete
It's fun having my kids out in the shop with me. I made my son Andrew a work bench next to mine when he was 3 years old. Now he is 17 and my 6 year old Madi uses it.

I got to say as a past Little League Baseball Director and President, when I see your post and the picture of our son, I got to say he has a great stance at the plate, I always notice that in peoples pictures.

Take care

Greg Earley

Pete Jordan
08-19-2008, 9:23 PM
Pete,

It looks like Alexander is really doing you some good work. I am impressed with your platform to elevate him to proper working height (I have 2 granddaughters coming tomorrow and have to do something similar). Looks like a lot of curls around the shop and chips on the floor.

What is the light you have? It looks like a dentist light fixture. Also, where did you get your tailstock swing and are you happy with it? Thanks- Tom

Tom,
The light I have is a dentists light a friend got for me and the swing away is from http://www.butlerturning.com/
I really like it a lot and use it almost every time I turn.

Thomas Canfield
08-20-2008, 9:56 PM
Pete,

Thanks. The swing away may have to go on my Christmas list. I have the extension mounted and am able to move the tailstock out of the way for the most part, but it is still in the way some and I can't deal with the 50# pounds on a regular basis.

Bernie Weishapl
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Pete what a moment. Cherish it my friend. Oh and I think if you keep it up you may have to get another mustard. :eek::D:cool:;):rolleyes: