PDA

View Full Version : Transparent blue textured acrylic

Allan Wright
08-18-2008, 3:04 PM
I'm looking for transparent blue acrylic, around 1/16"-3/32" thick with a water-like texture on one (preferably) or both sides. I've done some searches, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
al

Joe Pelonio
08-18-2008, 3:55 PM
Not everything you might want is going to be readily available. Some acrylics are made specially for a customer, others are mass produced but have to be special ordered. One way to find it is at the manufacturer's website, most will have the products shown, and then a link to a list of distributors. For example, try Cyro, the maker of Acrylite:

http://www.cyro.com/methacrylates/us/products/sheet_products/products/textures/

Allan Wright
08-18-2008, 4:23 PM
Thanks Joe. I've seen this product before, but I guess I incorrectly assumed it was readily available. I found it in clear, I guess I need to ask the company if I can get it in blue.

Dan Hintz
08-18-2008, 6:29 PM
Allan,

You're not going crazy, I've seen what you're looking for... but unfortunately I cannot offer a source off the top of my head :(

Scott Shepherd
08-18-2008, 9:04 PM
It's a CYRO product if it's what I'm thinking about. I have a sample of it, if it's the same I'm thinking of. I'll look it up tomorrow at the office and see if I can find the name of it. I do know what I'm talking about is 100% a CYRO product. Anyone who carries their product line should be able to help you.

jack Halley
08-18-2008, 10:42 PM
It's Cyro!
Either Acrylite Satin Ice: Crystil ice blue or
Acrylite Trend textured: Tunis
acrylite-magic dot com

Allan Wright
08-19-2008, 9:07 AM
Thank you gentlemen! I'll head back to the web for another search with this new information.

Allan Wright
08-19-2008, 9:37 AM
The ACRYLITEŽ FFV looks the closest to what I need if I can get it in transparent blue. I sent a request to Acrylite for information on colors available.

Thanks again!
Allan