PDA

View Full Version : Are there Corded Drills with a Clutch????

Dick Strauss
08-18-2008, 1:04 AM
Are there corded drills with a clutch? I like the convenience of having a clutch on my cordless drill. Why can't I find a corded drill with a clutch other than a Ryobi? Needless to say I'm not a big fan of Ryobi...

By the way, I hate not being able to edit titles after a typo....

Mike Cutler
08-18-2008, 5:29 AM
Milwaukee has drills with clutches.

Doug Shepard
08-18-2008, 7:20 AM
My dad has an older corded Craftsman with a clutch (dont know what model). If CMan has them, I would think darn near everyone does.

BTW - you can edit the title. Click the Advanced Edit button after you're on the Edit screen.

John Schreiber
08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I just got a refurbished Ryobi ZRD46CK for $40. It feels like a quality tool and has served well for a week so far. I do wish it went above 1100 rpm though.

PS. I just looked on Amazon to get the model number, and the price is down to $30. It's worth $40, it's definitely worth $30.

Dick Strauss
08-22-2008, 1:01 AM
Guys,
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just haven't been able to find one in stock or on display at the local Borgs or Sears. I'll keep my eye out for those mentioned.

Thansk again,
Dick

Steve Perez
08-22-2008, 7:41 AM
I too would be interested in a well balanced corded drill/driver with a clutch mechanism.

Here's a Black and Decker:

http://www.blackanddecker.com/Produc...roductID=19972

If a higher quality maker made one I would strongly consider, though I do have an older very well used B&D corded drill that I am sure is older than me, it had a metal gear/motor outer casing, not plastic.