PDA

View Full Version : Small gloat and questions…

Bruce Page
08-17-2008, 9:21 PM
I picked up an old Delta tenoning jig a few days ago. I’ve been looking for one of these beasts for awhile. :)
Overall it is in pretty good condition but the tote handle is cracked badly and needs to be replaced. I took the tote off of my #4 Bailey and with an easy modification, it would fit perfectly.
So….my first question is, where can I purchase a #4 tote?
Also, you’ll notice in the third pic what looks like a small pointer and a flip stop like you’d find on an OEM miter gage. Any idea what this is for? I can’t find any mention of it in the operating instructions so I’m thinking that someone added it for some reason. :confused:
Thanks for looking

steve reeves
08-17-2008, 9:47 PM
Is the jig oriented on the baseplate properly???

The 2 small gizmos you're asking about are a pointer and stop.

The pointer is supposed to align with a rule and the stop is supposed to mate up against an adjustment screw for presetting the width of the cut.

Looks like the jig is mounted on the wrong end of the carrier plate to me but it's hard to tell from the angle of the pictures.

Bruce Page
08-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Steve, there’s only one way for the casting to mount onto the plate. There’s a small groove on the left side of the base plate in the first pic. In the second pic, you can see the casting's alignment plate that slides in the groove. Also, there’s only one tapped hole in the base plate for the casting’s lock handle so I’m pretty sure that everything assembled the right way.

Joe Mioux
08-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Ibut the tote handle is cracked badly and needs to be replaced. I took the tote off of my #4 Bailey and with an easy modification, it would fit perfectly.
So….my first question is, where can I purchase a #4 tote?

don't you know anyone that could make the tote out of metal? ;)

that is a pretty cool looking tennoning jig, bruce. Congrats on the find.

Joe

Bruce Page
08-17-2008, 11:04 PM
don't you know anyone that could make the tote out of metal? ;)

that is a pretty cool looking tennoning jig, bruce. Congrats on the find.

Joe
Thanks Joe.
A nice chunk of brass would be cool....nah, too much work, I'm getting lazy! :D