PDA

View Full Version : Turned boxes

Anthony Yakonick
05-02-2004, 8:51 PM
They keep getting bigger. Sizes range from 3" to 7"

Jim Becker
05-02-2004, 9:00 PM
Outstanding, as usual, Anthony! I especially like the smallest and the next-to-largest due to the interesting character of the material.

Mark Rios
05-02-2004, 9:06 PM
Boy, you folks must have some biga-- squirrels back there in PA. :D :D :D

When I see work and creativity like this it makes me really envious of you folks. That is really wonderful. Really nice job!!!!!!!

Anthony Yakonick
05-02-2004, 9:13 PM
After looking at the photo it needed a redo. Any better? Thanks Jim!

John Miliunas
05-02-2004, 9:16 PM
Very well done, Anthony! :D Inspiring, to say the least. My lathes keep calling out to me, but alas, I'm still stuck in the flat world for a while! LOML is starting to get a bit impatient with the bathroom project, so I need to keep at that. :( Once done with that, though...! Would you mind giving us just a bit more detail, for instance, finish used, how the lid fits the body and neat stuff like that? Thanks! :cool:

Anthony Yakonick
05-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Very well done, Anthony! :D Inspiring, to say the least. My lathes keep calling out to me, but alas, I'm still stuck in the flat world for a while! LOML is starting to get a bit impatient with the bathroom project, so I need to keep at that. :( Once done with that, though...! Would you mind giving us just a bit more detail, for instance, finish used, how the lid fits the body and neat stuff like that? Thanks! :cool:
The finish is "Tried and True" danish oil and buffed, the lid fit is loose, I feel you should be able open the box with one hand.

Bill Grumbine
05-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Nice looking boxes Anthony! Does that third one have a burl inset or are my aging eyes deceiving me?

Bill

Stan Smith
05-03-2004, 6:28 PM
Very nice. I like the natural look. Do the lids fit over a rim or do they have a tenon that fits inside?

Stan

Chris Padilla
05-03-2004, 7:32 PM
Nice looking boxes Anthony! Does that third one have a burl inset or are my aging eyes deceiving me?

Bill
Bill, if you mean the lid, then I think your eyesight is just fine as it looks that way to me, too! :)

Anthony Yakonick
05-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Bill, if you mean the lid, then I think your eyesight is just fine as it looks that way to me, too! :)
Both of you are correct, the blank was from a semi hollowed vessel from a demo I did in March. I shortened the blank up but still had a hole that needed to be filled, when it was finished I wasn't happy with the contrast. Good eyes folks, I won't give you all the info, you have to pick it out yourself.

Anthony Yakonick
05-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Very nice. I like the natural look. Do the lids fit over a rim or do they have a tenon that fits inside?

Stan
The lids fit over a rim on the bottom.
Thanks all for the comments!