PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit from the North

Pete Jordan
08-17-2008, 4:54 PM
I was lucky enough to make the acquaintance of fellow creeker Bob Hainstock today! His son lives a few miles from me and so we had a little time together. Bob had never cored a bowl before so he went right at it. He ended up with three American elm bowls to take back with him. He says he is going to give the big one to Steve to finish. He also came bearing gifts! The first picture is from his neighbor, Steve. It is the birdseyenest maple I have ever seen! I don't know what I will make but I can't wait. Steve also sent some blanks for wine stoppers which I will use this summer.Thanks Steve! The last picture is some oak from the bottom of Lake Superior. Robert says it is over a hundred years old so I must think of something special to make with it. Any suggestions are welcome.
Finally, Robert is a musician and was kind enough to share a cd of his sax playing. I am listening to it right now and it brings back memories and is very enjoyable!

A great day!

Steve Schlumpf
08-17-2008, 6:12 PM
Pete - I was wondering if you guys had a chance to get together yet! Great photos! I suppose Bob will want to get a Mustard now that he had used one! LOL

Sounds like you both had a great time! One of these days I'll be able to make the trip! Enjoy the wood! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Ken Fitzgerald
08-17-2008, 6:17 PM
I haven't figured out what it is about Creeker gatherings. But they sure are special!

Congrats to all!

Bernie Weishapl
08-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Congrats Pete and Robert. Looks like the Oneway coring tool is doing it's job. Looks like you got some nice wood.

Matt Hutchinson
08-18-2008, 9:54 AM
Hey, that's pretty cool! I don't live all that far away, and I think it would be great fun to hang out some time! I am sure I would learn a lot, and I have never had a chance to work on a PM or use a coring system. Maybe we should get together a Mid-Michigan Creeker Weekend?

Hutch

Pete Jordan
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool! I don't live all that far away, and I think it would be great fun to hang out some time! I am sure I would learn a lot, and I have never had a chance to work on a PM or use a coring system. Maybe we should get together a Mid-Michigan Creeker Weekend?

Hutch
I would be happy to host something in the spring!

I start teaching soon so that's where my main focus will be.